• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

71 Cuda Protouring build

a68postcar

Reaction score
so far for me the best part of this build is the fact that your shop is in as much disarray as mine.....ha ha ha. i'm not the only one. if i told you it was in there and sent someone to find it, they would have no chance at all. ha ha ha............... too funny. keep up the great job. this thing is going to be sweet.

johnscudashop

Reaction score
I made a custom mount for the PCM , Since it didnt have any mounting holes. I wanted to insulate it from the body and away from the engine heat so I mounted it on the RH Kick panel area in plain view so It can plug in and program easy without removing anything interior panels

100_3134.jpg

100_3135.jpg

100_3136.jpg

johnscudashop

Reaction score
Working on a custom A/C install. The goal is to have the lines run under the fender wells to be hidden from the engine bay.

bochillon ac install pic 1.jpg

bochillon ac install pic 2.jpg

bochillon ac install pic 3.jpg

bochillon ac install pic 4.jpg

bochillon ac install pic 5.jpg

moparleo

Reaction score
John, simply amazing fabrication. I have one question. It seems that access to the wiring and plumbing, to my untrained eye, would be difficult after assembly. Do you have a path way in mind, giving accessability to these systems?

Also, I know that the tires are on strictly to roll car around the shop, but my tire eye keeps telling me that the front tires are on the wrong side of the car.

Last edited:

74chlngrTT5.9

Reaction score
Yes, as noted by others above, awesome fabricating there.
One item I see is on drivers side A/C piping. The fill valve appears that it will be non accessible after fender assembly.

No criticism here.
Thanks for the updates

johnscudashop

Reaction score
In reality , I have the fill valve were you can access it though the inner fender shield. Leo , Those are the correct wheels and tires sitting at the correct ride height..

IMG_20131202_104138.jpg

IMG_20131202_104129.jpg

IMG_20131202_104116.jpg

100_3155.jpg

100_3153.jpg

Last edited:

johnscudashop

Reaction score
Thank you guys for all the great comments.I,m hoping to have it painted next year.Hopefully if time allows I have it assembled enough to hear it run.The next set of pictures will be tear down ,body and paint work

hpjunke

Reaction score
im running the same set up for my doors as you are did you rework the hinge at all? I didnt end up using the door spring either it still opens fine with out it . Great work man i loooove when stuff like this is done lots of creative fab work going on here .

johnscudashop

Reaction score
Thank you. I still have my door spring on my hinges. I thought of taking them out though. As I get closer to the final body work, I will look at that..

Back