• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

71 EBody steering column turn signal wire cover

skip69donzi

Reaction score
Hi folks! I need clarity with these under-column covers for the right cover for my steering column. I attached a photo with them on an e-body column. I’m informed the longer (green) one is correct for e body. I purchased the short blue one as advertised as e-body. I was told later it is a B body cover. I am seeking to find a correct E body cover if anyone has one to part with. Your insight and help is greatly appreciated as always folks!

834794BC-AAEC-4C86-BF0B-2B2A781F04A3.png

603F403D-E047-4735-9938-B782424D6CA3.png

skip69donzi

Reaction score
I have one now and measures about 9” which is consistent with the green one pictured here.

Steve340

Reaction score
I had a look at my car but you cannot really tell without pulling stuff apart.
The green one makes the most sense as it would protect/contain the wires all the way through the column mount/bracket.

skip69donzi

Reaction score
I had a look at my car but you cannot really tell without pulling stuff apart.
The green one makes the most sense as it would protect/contain the wires all the way through the column mount/bracket.
What my thinking is too. You can see the shorter blue one that is a bit short in both respects, doesn’t even reach the brace points for the brack to dash mount. Is the B Body steering column that much shorter in that area so it fits the same as the ebody only shorter? 🤷🏻‍♂️ just curious. But I did find a cover that is the right length and nearly over looked it as it was titled advertised as a B body column cover. I bought it as it was 9” long and now I’m all smiles 😊
Thanks for chiming in!

Steve340

Reaction score
Not sure about the B body steering column question.
I noted the "flared" end of the cover at the top goes inside the lower "ring" on the column.

sixpactogo

Reaction score
Looks like the green one is the correct for E body. It goes all the way to the bottom of the mounting bracket. Here are a couple pics of a column shifted 73 E body column I have.

100_0737.JPG

100_0738.JPG

skip69donzi

Reaction score
Not sure about the B body steering column question.
I noted the "flared" end of the cover at the top goes inside the lower "ring" on the column.
Yes, 👍🏼
Looks like the green one is the correct for E body. It goes all the way to the bottom of the mounting bracket. Here are a couple pics of a column shifted 73 E body column I have.

View attachment 101401

View attachment 101402
perfect. Just as I thought. Sure appreciate your posting and showing for clarification!

Back