• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

727 TF shifter options

Stockcar axeman

Reaction score
Hello, I am trying to figure out what shifter I am going to use in my car as it's getting a complete rebuild with a new motor and transmission. The car has a 340, 727 TF with a Hurst quarter stick. I've never had a problem with the quarter stick but I see the drag racers almost all use the Cheetah shifter and so I'm wondering if a change is in order. The motor/trans is being replaced with a 572 Hemi and a new 727/converter built for it so I want to get the best shifter for drag racing. The car will be driven on the street but it will go down the track also. Is there another shifter that I am missing? Thanks for any help.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Cheetah is correctly designed for the 727 shifter spacing , as there is an unequal distance between R & Park so yes it is more accurate for Mopar .
To my knowledge the Quarter stick is a quality piece also & if it is working for you ...

Stockcar axeman

Reaction score
Cheetah is correctly designed for the 727 shifter spacing , as there is an unequal distance between R & Park so yes it is more accurate for Mopar .
To my knowledge the Quarter stick is a quality piece also & if it is working for you ...
Thanks for the feedback. I thought the Cheetah was popular for the mopars but did not know why.

mmissile

Reaction score
PPP shifters. Tons of racers use them. Small, light, work real well, and priced fairly. Go rear cable.
Missile interior Autorama 2018.jpg

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. They look like a great product and I will be looking into them more before I make a purchase. BTW your car looks like a 1st class build, very nice. Any other pics to share?
I have a PPP shifter with rear exit cable in my car as well. They are nice shifters.

IMG_8673.jpg

IMG_54301.jpg

Cudatom73

Reaction score
Hello, I am trying to figure out what shifter I am going to use in my car as it's getting a complete rebuild with a new motor and transmission. The car has a 340, 727 TF with a Hurst quarter stick. I've never had a problem with the quarter stick but I see the drag racers almost all use the Cheetah shifter and so I'm wondering if a change is in order. The motor/trans is being replaced with a 572 Hemi and a new 727/converter built for it so I want to get the best shifter for drag racing. The car will be driven on the street but it will go down the track also. Is there another shifter that I am missing? Thanks for any help.
Used a Cheetah for yrs never a problem. For the current build I went with the PPP. Its a quality build. Once I get it to the track we'll see how I like it in use.

31693.jpeg

Back