• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

73 barracuda

73Barracuda

Reaction score
Here she is... more to come soon.

Update:
Backstory - Previous California owners let it sit for 5-6 years in a driveway (desert area). A carshark found it and I bought it off of him. He new nothing. The fender tag is missing. I found the bottom half of the build sheet under the dash, while replacing the same. It doesn't tell me much about the car.

Running 318 with 727. I assume original however after running stamp codes there is a 340 intake from i believe a 71 340, and a 750 cfm carb from a 70 383. I dont know what the heads are. I think it has 2.73 rear gears?

There is some bondo in some spots but very light coatings. I took a magnet to the whole car when looking at it and got great connection in all quarters, pans, and basically every where. The only cancer is a small area at the bottom of the drivers side rear window. The car has been painted 3 times. I can tell because each paint job was crap. It appears the painter painted right over the top of the previous paint job. I have 2 layers of paint chipping off the car. The original paint under the 2 layers, matches the trunk, door jams and engine compartment, and appears to be A5 Dark Silver Frost.

Since buying the car a month ago I have traced and fixed all the dash lights etc. that were blown and damned to ground issues. I have replaced the cracked dash - which that center nut towards the front is a ***** to get to. The bucket seat skins are on back order and as soon as I get them I have the sound deadener and carpet replacements ready to go in. There were no seat belts in the car so I put in a pair of Classiccarindustries 3 point harness and like them a lot.

The tail lights were also a mess. I need to get a new wiring harness for them, but did my best with no knowledge of these cars and your assistance on this site to rewire them. They are pretty sweet now!

IMG_0125.JPG

IMG_0118.JPG

Last edited:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Looks great! Is it a real silver car? Fender tag or build sheet? Details man!
Oh and welcome to the site from the Motor City!

DJ1967Dart

Reaction score
Nice ride - any more pics? Good luck with the build. Looks like a white interior which I love.

73Barracuda

Reaction score
It is currently white interior but I'll be recovering/paneling in black ;)

IMG_0122.JPG

IMG_0121.JPG

IMG_0119.JPG

IMG_0044.JPG

DJ1967Dart

Reaction score
Noooooooooooo!!!!! - just kidding - looks like a great car - best of luck. (I still like a white interior).

73Barracuda

Reaction score
Without the build sheet or fender tag I don't know what the original color was. Based on the color in the jams, engine cmpt and trunk I believe it is. My goal is to paint it silver with black highlights.

Eric Griffith

Reaction score
I put a Rallye cluster in mine,I had to change the Oil sending unit for the Gauge.

73Barracuda

Reaction score
It's going to be a weekend driver for me so I don't want to risk ruining a white interior! Nice b-body! I have a 3rd gen charger and my buddy has 2 69 440 r/t's.

73Barracuda

Reaction score
I got her because body damage is minimal and it is a fairly original car. She is a flat hood original car that needs 40+ years of clean up. The dash was originally together but with lights, and grounds a mess, and the pad cracked, I tore it apart. It is back together now, I will post an updated pic soon. I am thinking about putting an aftermarket gauge/dash set up in her in the future, or switching to the rallye set up.

Back