• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

73 barracuda

sheetmetaldan

Reaction score
73 barracuda pics added

I`ve narrowed down my top ten list of cars I want to be my next ride and the 70-74 Barracuda/Challenger is top of the list.

I am going to take a look at a 73 Barracuda tomorrow.Here is a description from seller: 440 with automatic trans, primer grey needs a driveshaft. Engine/trans is in car but needs to be bolted in and wires connected,body needs some minor work. I`m assuming the interior is probably in average/passable shape it needs a headliner put in owner has a new one just not installed.He is asking $6000.00 firm.

I don`t want to buy a $6000.00 Barracuda with a 440 boat mooring in it.

My question, based on my info does this sound like a good price I know pictures would help I`ll take some when I see car and update here.My concerns are not being able to hear motor run and drive the car to check tranny/rearend.

I am looking to buy a 70 -74 Barracuda/Challenger.Preferably a 70 Cuda
(AAR anyone? for six grand?Or a time machine so I can get mine back! :D)

What`s the price for a decent driver going for nowadays.I`m not to concerened about #`s matching or originality just looking for a nice car to cruise around in for the summer.

Last edited:

sheetmetaldan

Reaction score
pics

Ok I just got back from seeing the car it does not look like it`s a good fit for me.Does the price seem about right for what kind of shape the car is in.To me it seemed like it was a little too high a price to pay since I could not hear it run or drive,still not a bad deal but not a great one either.I could only get a couple decent pics of car it was cramped in that garage.I`m in the northeast and it seems like a dead zone for decent Mopars here, maybe I`m wrong but it just feels that way.

If someone knows how to edit photos let me know I can`t figure out how to make them smaller.Thanks

100_1852.jpg

100_1854.jpg

100_1855.jpg

varlo

Reaction score
If it needs like no body work. And its solid structure wise I would offer 5k cash. Showing green in person seems to get people to budge on their "firmness" whenever I try.

Good luck

sheetmetaldan

Reaction score
The body was not bad drivers fender was a little tweaked at top where it meets door and a few low spots at top of the rear quarter nothing a decent body shop couldn`t fix.This is the first car I have actually seen in person since deciding on what I want.So I didn`t want to pounce on the first thing I see unless it was an absolute steal.

Five thousand seems like a fair deal to me too but not hearing the motor was a big concern of mine and I knew as soon as I saw it that it needed more work than I was willing to do.So to me there was no point in making an offer.I was thinking $4000-$4500 in my head when I saw it but I did not want to insult him with a lowball offer and then not want the car.

I`m thinking maybe $10-$12 thousand could get me in a decent driver.Does that amount sound do-able or am I shooting a little low.

So I`ll keep looking there is no rush for me on this.

Back