• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

73 Challenger in Japan

Kuruton

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Just wanted to give an update. Managed to get the new torque strap plus new power steering pump and radiator hose installed today.

The old power steering pump's bracket didn't match up to the water pump housing so the previous owner had an extension that put the power steering pump just above the oil filter/under the battery.When I installed a new radiator, I also went with a water pump where the lower inlet is on the drivers side. This combination causes the radiator hose to be pinched between the power steering pump and the oil filter. However, now with the new pump and proper bracket installed, I'm good to go.

I did have a question involving alternators though. After trying multiple alternators I've begrudgingly settled on one of the powermaster units. I tried a tuff stuff one but it didn't put out enough power at idle, and I tried another but it was too deep/pulley didn't match up well. Anyways, my question stems because the lower mounting hole on the powermaster alternator doesn't reach to the lower arm of the bracket. I had to use a bit of quarter inch steel with 2 holes in it to extend it out and make it work. What is the proper alternator bracket for a RB 440 with vintage air AC? I am currently using the one that came with the kit. Anyone have any advice?

Thanks in advance!

Back