• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

73 Rallye Value?

ToddMcF2002

Reaction score
Pepsi? Who the heck willingly drinks that. That’s why they always ask if Pepsi is “ok” when you order a Coke and the don’t have it. It’s like an apology

340challconvert

Reaction score
Hagarty's take on the value of a 73 Rallye 318

CURRENT & HISTORICAL VALUES

View current vehicle values and see how they’ve changed over time in 3-year, 5-year and to-date intervals. Compare these values to other vehicles and benchmark financial indices.
Current Values
  • #1 Concours$49,800
  • #2 Excellent$33,800
  • #3 Good$23,700
  • #4 Fair$15,200
    #4 vehicles are daily drivers, with flaws visible to the naked eye. The chrome might have pitting or scratches, the windshield might be chipped. Paintwork is imperfect, and perhaps the body has a minor dent. Split seams or a cracked dash, where applicable, might be present. No major parts are missing, but the wheels could differ from the originals, or other non- stock additions might be present. A #4 vehicle can also be a deteriorated restoration. "Fair" is the one word that describes a #4 vehicle.

Dino2 (1).gif

44070dart

Reaction score
I've been looking around NY for an e-body and the 70/72 are very high right now.. 73/74 more reasonable but under 20k for a "good" clean driver not going to happen here. A four speed always brings a premium, as will a 340.

Hemi2c

Reaction score
Just curious what ya all think the following would bring in?

1973 Cuda BS23H car
340 Pistal grip 4 speed
Real TX9 triple black
Ralley dash
Consol car
Factory air con
Power steer
8,3/4 sure grip (489 case)
14" Magnum wheels with BF Goodrich
Numbers matching eng/box
Daily driver

DetMatt1

Reaction score
By calling it a driver you’re saying nothing about it’s actual condition, is it in #2, 3 or 4 condition?

340challconvert

Reaction score
Values 1973 Cuda
Original MSRP $3,120

Interestingly; Haggarty did not spec out a value for a 73 Cuda
These numbers come from NADA Collector Car Guide

Low Retail Value $14,750
This vehicle would be in mechanically functional condition, needing only minor reconditioning. The exterior paint, trim and interior would show normal wear, needing only minor reconditioning. May also be a deteriorated restoration or a very poor amateur restoration. Most usable ‘as-is’. This column does not represent a ‘parts car’ or a non-running vehicle.
Note: Some of the vehicles in this publication could be considered ‘Daily Drivers’

Average Retail Value $33,200

This vehicle would be in good condition overall. It could be an older restoration or a well-maintained original vehicle. Completely operable. The exterior paint, trim and mechanics are presentable and serviceable inside and out. A “20-footer”."

High Retail Value $52,700
This vehicle would be in excellent condition overall. It could be a completely restored or an extremely well-maintained original vehicle showing very minimal wear. The exterior paint, trim and mechanics are not in need of reconditioning. The interior would be in excellent condition. Some vehicles may be considered “matching numbers” vehicles.
Note: This column does not represent a “100 Point” or “# 1” vehicle*.

* A “100 Point” or “# 1” vehicle is not driven. It would generally be in a museum or transported in an enclosed trailer to concours judging and car shows. This type of car would be stored in a climate regulated facility."

Seems a little low to me though?
Dino2 (1).gif

Last edited:

ToddMcF2002

Reaction score
I just saw a pretty decent 73 Cuda go for $20,100. It was an automatic BS23H running a 440/727 and has some minor warts. I thought it was pretty darn low for the car. So a 4 speed should hit $25 minimally. Add a few more thousand for black and originality. I'd say $28K is likely.

Here is the other 73 painted Top Banana I think
1973 Plymouth Barracuda | eBay

44070dart

Reaction score
I just saw a pretty decent 73 Cuda go for $20,100. It was an automatic BS23H running a 440/727 and has some minor warts. I thought it was pretty darn low for the car. So a 4 speed should hit $25 minimally. Add a few more thousand for black and originality. I'd say $28K is likely.

Here is the other 73 painted Top Banana I think
1973 Plymouth Barracuda | eBay

Yeah, somebody got a good buy on the banana for 20k

ToddMcF2002

Reaction score
How not to sell your Challenger. Guy dumped his reserve earlier today and I almost bought it but I got tied up in a Cuda transaction. What was he thinking....

80CE1D77-DEE2-47BB-B8AB-EDF684CB7568.jpeg

340challconvert

Reaction score
Todd
What's the story with the A66 Challenger?
He sold it at auction for $16.6k?
I follow the A66 Challengers (I own one) so I'm curious.
I saw this car advertised on "2040 cars".
What auction was it sold on?
And man, it almost seems like a dream for someone/ or a scam.
He mentioned a cuda 340 and a 69 Camaro he would sell in the ad if the Challenger didn't sell.

ToddMcF2002

Reaction score
It’s not a scam I had several conversations with him. It wasn’t a numbers matching car - it had a 408. It had zero rust but some driver body defects, cracked windshield, gauges issues & minor electrical issues, worn and torn seats. No showstoppers and a good fender tag. Low option car but with A66 & Plumb Crazy bumblebee stripe. This was his second auction and it failed to hit his 24K reserve. The issue was he took crap pictures and only a few. I think he got frustrated sometime yesterday and dropped the reserve to 15K. I’ve sold several classics on eBay. I told him to kill the auction and work on a proper picture set but he ignored me. I’d say he left at least 10K on the table. Should have listened.

Back