• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

A66 Challenger Registry

340challconvert

Reaction score
I have been a Challenger fan, but especially an A66 fan for many years.
Over the years I collected information on many A66 cars when available in just tracking the market for these special Challengers. Something I have always wanted to do is to establish a registry for the A66 Challengers. I hope to collect information as any registry would; in a confidential manner, but with enough data to put together pertinent statistics for anyone that is interested. I think a formal A66 registry would go a long way in recording important data, and determine what number of cars are actually still out there.
I have established a dedicated e- mail, an introduction letter and registration form for this purpose.

Please consider registering your car so that our data is organized and available to registrants. All information submitted will be kept confidential and logged into an A66 Databank. Thank you all for your interest and support in documenting our A66 Challengers!

You can obtain the registration form by e-mailing me at the designated registry web site: [email protected]. Please fill out the form and scan it to the registry email;
I will eventually convert the registration form to a PDF file for easy e-mailing and possibly look to establish a dedicated web site (one step at a time) I have included an into letter and registration form below if interested.

Last edited:

340challconvert

Reaction score
Introduction Letter

upload_2020-2-8_14-42-55.png

1970 A66 Challenger Registry

I am excited about setting up an A66 Challenger members registry in order to document our special Challengers which were only made in this format for the 1970 model year. They are really “RT” Challengers with the same performance equipment, but with a powerful, high compression small block 340 engine. This is an area of strong interest of mine and I have a personal interest in these unique cars (having my A66 convertible since 1979, and owning a number of Challengers back in the day)

This is a collaborative effort with your help, as I hope to collect as much information as possible on our A66 cars in order to document and make the data and statistics available to A66 owners or enthusiasts of these unique Challengers. Our cars are experiencing the 50+ year anniversary of their initial production this year (2020) and I thought it would be great to put the information all in one place. It would be great to estimate how many are still out there?

I have also been collecting information about these cars for a number of years including available VIN numbers, broadcast sheets/build dates, and options and would enjoy communicating with others who share an interest and/or ownership in these cars.

Please consider registering your A-66 Challenger by completing the attached registration form. There is no cost or fees for this and the registry is being organized for the fun and interest of A66 owners.

I look forward to hearing from you and am always welcome any suggestions you may have. Please email me and I will quickly send you a sign-up sheet/registration form.

You can obtain the registration form by e-mailing me at the designated registry web site: [email protected]. Please fill out the form and scan it to the registry email.

Please consider registering your car so that our data is organized and available to registrants. All information submitted will be kept confidential and logged into an A66 Databank. Thank you for your interest and support in documenting our A66 Challengers!

Sincerely, Phillip Haramia [email protected]

Last edited:

340challconvert

Reaction score
Registration Form (Best viewed on a wide screen monitor)

1970 Challenger A66 Registration Form
upload_2020-2-8_14-45-0.png

Name: ________________________________________________________________

Address: ______________________________________________________________

City: _______________________ State/Province/Country: ___________________

Zip/Postal Code: _____________ Phone/Contact # _________________________

E-mail: _____________________ Date of Registration / /

Vehicle Identification Number: JH___________________________ Year Vehicle Purchased: ______

Fender Tag Information: Tag 1 Tag 2 (if applicable)

(Start at bottom, read left to right) Row 6 ______________________ ___________________

Row 5 ______________________ ___________________

Row 4 ______________________ ___________________

Row 3 ______________________ ___________________

Row 2 ______________________ ___________________

Row 1 ______________________ ___________________

Please identify possession of the following: (signify Y or N, or provide information as appropriate):

Original Owner ___ Original Dealership Sold (if known) ____________________________

Scheduled Production Date: ________Window Sticker___ Fender Tag___ Broadcast Sheet___

Ex color/Code _________/_______ Int. color/Code _______/_________ Vinyl___ Cloth ___ Leather___

Original Engine (if known) __ Engine ID #_________________________________ Cast date / /

Original Transmission (if known) ____ Automatic ____ 4 sp _____ 3sp___Transmission ID #_________________

Hood: Flat __Sport hood___ 340 Hood Callouts: Decal__ Emblem __ V-8 Fender callout __ Crunch Zones__

Power steering ___Power brakes ___ Rear Axle Ratio __:___ Sure Grip __

Rallye Dash ___ Steering wheel: wood grain ___ rim blow ___ Radio: AM __ AM-FM __ AM-8 trac __

Bumble Bee Stripe ___ Deleted ___ Color________________ Wheels: road __ rallye ___ wheel covers ___

Current condition: Survivor ___ Restored ___ Day 2 Modified ___ Resto-mod ____ Other ___________

Pg. 1 (form 3/2019)

Modifications and any additional information:

340challconvert

Reaction score
Starting to get responses on A66 owners looking to register their Challengers.
All owners welcome in contributing to helping to establish this Registry
If you are not the best with a computer (scanning and such) PM me and I will send you my address so you can mail in the registration form
Thank you again
Phil
340 symbol.png

340challconvert

Reaction score
Just some baseline information on the A66 Register information that I currently have;

Total of 67 partial and relatively complete records of A66 Challengers
40 - HD automatics D32
27 - 4 sp D21
Earliest SPD on file 9/25/69, a convertible, automatic in Y1/black
15 A66 Convertibles; 10 automatics, 5 4 speeds.

Dino2 (2).gif

DetMatt1

Reaction score
You had done really good on this Phil.:thumbsup:
I’ve got a buddy that’s currently restoring his Lemon Twist vert right now. He’s owned it as long or longer than you’ve owned yours. I’ll make sure to forward him a link.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Matt, thanks for the positive comments
Do you still have info on that A66 that you sold?
It would be great to add that data to the registry.
Just a thought!
Dino2 (2).gif

You had done really good on this Phil.:thumbsup:
I’ve got a buddy that’s currently restoring his Lemon Twist vert right now. He’s owned it as long or longer than you’ve owned yours. I’ll make sure to forward him a link.

Last edited:

340challconvert

Reaction score
A66 Challenger Registrations continue to come in.
Please note- updated registration form available;

Last edited:

340challconvert

Reaction score
A thank you to Ben Lavigne for forwarding A66 data including tags to be added to the A66 Challenger Registry Information.

I am finding some very interesting A66 Challengers in the mix as I go through the material. Be interesting moving on to find out if some cars are still in existence. I will start to post examples of A66 cars for members to enjoy and might find interesting.

Last edited:

340challconvert

Reaction score
A sample of information coming into the registry w unknown ownership:

A66 Challenger JH23H0B
340 engine
3 sp transmission (1st standard 3 sp on file)
FE5 w a black interior, black v top and a white bumble stripe.
October 28 Build Date
Car was ordered with dual racing mirrors, hood pins w the performance hood treatment!
Sounds like a stunning looking car

upload_2020-2-8_14-45-0-png.png

As always A66 Owners; consider registering your car.
Thank you
Phil

Last edited:

340challconvert

Reaction score
A66 Barn Find up for sale on eBay
Originally automatic, converted to 4sp
Original drivetrain comes w car
Body/frame look decent?
Currently bid to $3150
Looks to be FK5 with an Orange Bumble Stripe
Happy Hunting