• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

A727 3 speed transmission: Slight Vibration in Park and when driving

moparnut74

Reaction score
Hello. I get a vibration at certain RPM while the vehicle is in park through the floor of my 74 Barracuda. Feels like it could be something in the torque converter or transmission ?? It will go away at higher speeds & different RPM ranges ?? Please help. Thanks !!

AUSTA

Reaction score
Hello. I get a vibration at certain RPM while the vehicle is in park through the floor of my 74 Barracuda. Feels like it could be something in the torque converter or transmission ?? It will go away at higher speeds & different RPM ranges ?? Please help. Thanks !!
Has it always been there or did it happen suddenly.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing, Leo. Also check the engine and transmission mounts.

crash520

Reaction score
I have just been through this with my cuda, the vibration was at its peak around 1800-2000 rpm in park/neutral and whilst driving. turned out to be the alternator. So, first things first, drop the drive belts off and start the engine to see if its still there, if not, its either the Alternator, water pump/fan or Power steering. if it is check your flex plate etc as per the guys above and go from there.

Back