• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

AAR 'cuda

RedDog

Reaction score
This week I had a guy pull out in front of me while going down a two-lane highway. Did A LOT of damage to my 'cuda. Does anyone know the right shop to take it to have it repaired correctly? I live in the Atlanta area, so the nearer here, the better.

Right Side.jpg

Front.jpg

Left Front.jpg

Left Side.jpg

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
I'm taking it every one was ok? I think this is every one's nightmare that we don't want to see. All you can do is literally pick up the pieces and start over.😞😤:mad::BangHead:🧰🛠️

Last edited:

fasjac

Reaction score
Hope you’re ok and others involved.
That is a hard hit. There’s a restoration shop in your area that specializes in mustangs but, my late boss got a couple E bodies from this shop that were vey nicely done. I will see if I can dig up the name.

Sorry to see this

Mopar426power

Reaction score
That has to be gut wrenching! Cars are not as important as people...but then again....it is an AAR Cuda we are talking about....

RedDog

Reaction score
Hope you’re ok and others involved.
That is a hard hit. There’s a restoration shop in your area that specializes in mustangs but, my late boss got a couple E bodies from this shop that were vey nicely done. I will see if I can dig up the name.

Sorry to see this
Very cool. Looking forward to hearing about the shop from you.

Deathproofcuda

Reaction score
Wow, so sorry to see this, but glad that that you walked away from it. Hopefully the insurance companies will take care of you and make it all right again, but I'm sure that process won't be without it's own challenges.

Just out of curiosity, were you using original 70 style seat belts in this car, and if so, were you wearing the shoulder belt? I generally only use my lap belt since the non-retractable seat belt is such a PITA, but I always wonder how things would turn out...

Best of luck to you.

RedDog

Reaction score
Wow, so sorry to see this, but glad that that you walked away from it. Hopefully the insurance companies will take care of you and make it all right again, but I'm sure that process won't be without it's own challenges.

Just out of curiosity, were you using original 70 style seat belts in this car, and if so, were you wearing the shoulder belt? I generally only use my lap belt since the non-retractable seat belt is such a PITA, but I always wonder how things would turn out...

Best of luck to you.
My car has lap belts only.....Somehow the belt saved me from worse injuries.

tonysrt

Reaction score
So sorry to see a great looking car hit that bad. Glad you're okay. That car will need major surgery to get back on the road again. Hope you can find someone component enough to rebuild it. I always dreaded a front end hit because car was usually not as good as before. Of course we always took the cheap way out. The cost to repair will almost be the insurance co. looking to total it. I hope the Police Report has him as the idiot to cause the accident. Good luck!
When I was looking for a Cuda in the mid 80's, a guy had an AAR all done for $15,000, which was way out of my price range. 40 years later sorry I couldn't afford it. Bought a 71 Cuda for $2200, back then, 4 speed and dana rear sans the original 383. I put a 440 in it and when crate Hemi's, Gen 2, came out in 2002 I went for one. 21 years later not sorry I made the move. I also put in the Kiesler 5 speed Tremic in it. Probably put about 20,000 miles on the Hemi.

Mopar426power

Reaction score
You can look into AMD’s installation center in Gainesville, Ga to repair the frame rails and sheet metal.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Take your fender tag off before you give it to a body shop.

Glad your ok. Did you get a chance to strangle the owner of the crappy car that hit you?

Xcudame

Reaction score
So glad you alright. You'll be sore for a while! Sorry you AAR Cuda took a hard hit. Personally since it is an AAR Cuda (rather rare), I don't think it's totaled. Do you have a good insurance company? It's your right to have your insurance company fix your car and left them go after the f#%^#%^ that hit you!

don selleck

Reaction score
everyone's nightmare, so sorry. Looks very fixable though. agree with Cuda Hunter remove your fender tags asap, have heard lots of vanishings at body shops.

RedDog

Reaction score
So sorry to see a great looking car hit that bad. Glad you're okay. That car will need major surgery to get back on the road again. Hope you can find someone component enough to rebuild it. I always dreaded a front end hit because car was usually not as good as before. Of course we always took the cheap way out. The cost to repair will almost be the insurance co. looking to total it. I hope the Police Report has him as the idiot to cause the accident. Good luck!
When I was looking for a Cuda in the mid 80's, a guy had an AAR all done for $15,000, which was way out of my price range. 40 years later sorry I couldn't afford it. Bought a 71 Cuda for $2200, back then, 4 speed and dana rear sans the original 383. I put a 440 in it and when crate Hemi's, Gen 2, came out in 2002 I went for one. 21 years later not sorry I made the move. I also put in the Kiesler 5 speed Tremic in it. Probably put about 20,000 miles on the Hemi.
Your Cuda sounds cool. As you...I keep the good ones for a long time. There are many horse traders out there, and that's OK. Just not for me to be one. My other car is a 1969 Vitamin C Orange road runner....original 383 was gone when I got it. Now a 440 4bbl. I love it.

Back