• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

AAR 'cuda

RedDog

Reaction score
Take your fender tag off before you give it to a body shop.

Glad your ok. Did you get a chance to strangle the owner of the crappy car that hit you?
Yes. I've heard of fender tags disappearing. Funny you mention about strangling the other driver. The thought DID go through my mind at the time. o_O

RedDog

Reaction score
So glad you alright. You'll be sore for a while! Sorry you AAR Cuda took a hard hit. Personally since it is an AAR Cuda (rather rare), I don't think it's totaled. Do you have a good insurance company? It's your right to have your insurance company fix your car and left them go after the f#%^#%^ that hit you!
Yep. I've been sore since the accident. Odd that the aches and pains are actually moving around my body. I have Hagerty Insurance and I get the definite impression that they want to total it. I have made it clear....in no uncertain terms that I want it fixed....and I want it fixed CORRECTLY. No ordinary Joe Blow body shop can do this.

Katfish

Reaction score
Glad you're ok, lucky it was a side hit, that lap belt wouldn't have done much if it had been straight on.

Mopar426power

Reaction score
I had my Cuda done by AMD and would recommend them, they did good work. Mine was more rust issues, they basically replaced the front clip.
They will cut your VIN numbers from your rad support and cowl (if need replaced) and weld them into the new metal.

IMG_2999.jpeg

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
I have Hagerty Insurance and I get the definite impression that they want to total it. I have made it clear....in no uncertain terms that I want it fixed....and I want it fixed CORRECTLY. No ordinary Joe Blow body shop can do this.
Ask them if they will pay you the agreed value (hopefully it is north of $85,000) and you keep the car. Then get the front sheetmetal fixed by AMD. Can’t hurt to ask.

Xcudame

Reaction score
An AAR Cuda as nice as this one is (was) has to be worth a lot more than what it would take to fix it. Insurance company took the gamble and lost, now it's time to pay up!

RedDog

Reaction score
I had my Cuda done by AMD and would recommend them, they did good work. Mine was more rust issues, they basically replaced the front clip.
They will cut your VIN numbers from your rad support and cowl (if need replaced) and weld them into the new metal.

View attachment 111138
Just curious.....what was the bill for the work at AMD? Did you deliver it to them assembled, or did you remove everything and deliver them a stripped body?

RedDog

Reaction score
An AAR Cuda as nice as this one is (was) has to be worth a lot more than what it would take to fix it. Insurance company took the gamble and lost, now it's time to pay up!
That's MY opinion. Still dealing with that. Of course won't hear anything today. Maybe more will start happening tomorrow when the business week is in action.

RedDog

Reaction score

RedDog

Reaction score
Ask them if they will pay you the agreed value (hopefully it is north of $85,000) and you keep the car. Then get the front sheetmetal fixed by AMD. Can’t hurt to ask.
Yes. I'm taking nothing less than being repaired correctly. I don't know, but I think the bill should be on the other driver's insurance company.....State Farm.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
State Farm is the best company to deal with when you have an accident.
Just about every body shop I have ever dealt with has said that state farm is the best and the companies will always take your car or motorcycle if you use state farm. SF always pays. You should have no issue.

heminut

Reaction score
State Farm is the best company to deal with when you have an accident.
Just about every body shop I have ever dealt with has said that state farm is the best and the companies will always take your car or motorcycle if you use state farm. SF always pays. You should have no issue.
Yup, I've been with them for years and have everything but my Cuda insured with them. They have always worked with me on any claim I've had rather than trying to find a way not to pay, like Allstate did to me years ago.

RedDog

Reaction score
Yup, I've been with them for years and have everything but my Cuda insured with them. They have always worked with me on any claim I've had rather than trying to find a way not to pay, like Allstate did to me years ago.
Encouraging to hear. I hope that my experience with them is positive too. Just to clarify...I am with Hagerty and the other driver is with State Farm. Considering that he pulled out from a stop sign onto a two lane highway right in front of me....State Farm should be the ones paying the bill to have my 'cuda repaired properly.

Mopar426power

Reaction score
My car was stripped and on casters when I delivered it to them. It had the doors, hood, etc. on for them to fit properly. I would think you want to pull the drive train before you send it in. I would call and talk to them. The guy in the video is who I worked with.

Attached is a pic at the Installation center.

042522.jpg

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Is the car in your position. In a perfect world. Myself I would get it on a lift take pictures and measurements. there will be tattle tails of the condition. I would ask the repair shop if they want the drive line pulled or if they want intact. Damage measurements are different with out a drive line. Sometimes it's better to see where your coming from and going to. If the center section is is square it's in better shape for a rebuild. If not it will be a struggle with the insurance co not to have it totaled.

Back