• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

AAR 'cuda

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Cuda measurements.
1692623205147.gif

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
What to look for now buckles and bows. Door gaps, rocker panels, roof, windshield intact. Floor pan did torsion crossmember spot welds pull apart from floor. transmission tunnel pushed or bucked.

RedDog

Reaction score
Is the car in your position. In a perfect world. Myself I would get it on a lift take pictures and measurements. there will be tattle tails of the condition. I would ask the repair shop if they want the drive line pulled or if they want intact. Damage measurements are different with out a drive line. Sometimes it's better to see where your coming from and going to. If the center section is is square it's in better shape for a rebuild. If not it will be a struggle with the insurance co not to have it totaled.
The car IS in my possession. I don't have the resources to put it on a lift at this time. Under ordinary circumstances, I would be able to remove whatever is necessary to get the car dimensioned, checked out, and straightened/repaired correctly, but I already have some health issues making that difficult for me to do. Cancer, kidneys crapped out, and colostomy. This car truly is a bucket list item for me. Can do little things, but the bigger things I used to be able to do are slower and more difficult. Not to mention, I'm still hurting from the collision, plus.....I can't touch the car until insurance has made their determination.

RedDog

Reaction score
What to look for now buckles and bows. Door gaps, rocker panels, roof, windshield intact. Floor pan did torsion crossmember spot welds pull apart from floor. transmission tunnel pushed or bucked.
Definitely. Will be able to see more when the insurance has made their decision. I will accept nothing less than have it fixed completely and correctly.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
I do have to say that State farm took care of me. Their insured driver hit my parked car that my son took to the Mall with his girlfriend. When he came out the driver was there waiting for him. SOB that never happens.! !!
My son said he said his children were screaming or crying and distracted him. That happens no big deal.
My son parked down at the far end so nothing happened to it.:rofl: He was disappointed. :(.
When the adjuster looked at the car the first thing I told him I don't want it totaled. I replaced a lot of things to make it dependable. That's worth more to me than the car. Even if I got another I would have to build the dependability into it. At times I had to drive for months 150.4 miles one way to work and back a day. work 10-12 hr a day. Odometer would trip 1,000 mi a week. Gone further short term.
Bottom line it was a Subaru 150k mi +. I got way more than it was worth on the market.:rofl: That was 10yrs+ $3000. It's not what cost to replace. It's what it cost to repair. Beat it out and painted it myself.

Last edited:

RedDog

Reaction score
I do have to say that State farm took care of me. Their insured driver hit my parked car that my son took to the Mall with his girlfriend. When he came out the driver was there waiting for him. SOB that never happens.! !!
My son said he said his children were screaming or crying and distracted him. That happens no big deal.
My son parked down at the far end so nothing happened to it.:rofl: He was disappointed. :(.
When the adjuster looked at the car the first thing I told him I don't want it totaled. I replaced a lot of things to make it dependable. That's worth more to me than the car. Even if I got another I would have to build the dependability into it. At times I had to drive for months 150.4 miles one way to work and further.
Bottom line it was a Subaru 150k mi +. I got way more than it was worth on the market.:rofl: That was 10yrs+ $3000. It's not what cost to replace. It's what it cost to repair. Beat it out and painted it myself.
I am repeating myself a little, but I pray that State Farm does the right thing.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
The tattle tails above that I describer will determine a lot. My brother in his business he deals with damages that at times runs into a million. He said it all depends on the adjuster. Insurance co call him for an easement. The first thing he ask. Who's the adjuster? He has turned it down based on the adjuster name. Some are out to save their Co money others are fair.

Last edited:

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
There is a justification that can work in your behalf as mine. The term is betterment. Meaning the cars overall condition taken into consideration. Knowing all the industries jargon would be a plus. That way your not blindsided or taken advantage of. Maybe check some sites or you know someone that deals with it all the time. There might be someone here that does.

Last edited:

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
Another dimension chart with callouts and more dimensions. AMD has everything needed to build a Cuda from scratch but nice to have.

1970 Cuda Frame Dimensions.jpg

RedDog

Reaction score
Does anybody know of a parts car with the various front parts I will need to save this car? Just guessing I will need the transmission/torsion bar cross member, left front (and maybe right front) frame rail, firewall, left front inner fender apron with shock tower, radiator support (I think there's an upper and a lower), left front fender, k-member, upper front body part that goes between the L/H and R/H fenders (above the grille), front valence, grille, front bumper and left front bumper brackets....etc. Whatever else you might think I need. Looks like most of these parts are already picked, but thought I would ask you all if you might know of parts like these that I might be able to pick.....Great to have you all as a resource!

Xcudame

Reaction score
RedDog, just wondering about any updates on you and your AAR. Everything working out! State Farms treat you right? Are you feeling 100% now? Was a nasty wreck for sure.

Back