• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

About parts manufacturers

RYO5566

Reaction score
Hello!

Please tell me about parts manufacturers.
I'm going to order exterior and interior parts from Summit and I'm thinking that a manufacturer called "OER" would be good, but will the precision of the parts be accurate?
There are so many manufacturers compared to Japan that it's hard to choose.
I've been using Auto Metal Direct for parts (exterior) up until now. (There is more error than with the parts.)
Also, if there are any other manufacturers with good precision besides OER, please let me know.
Thank you for reading until the end!

Xcudame

Reaction score
Obviously nothing is better than the factory parts and NOS parts, but those are all but gone or too expensive (when you can find them). I've used some OER parts, window regulators, windshield wipers, etc. No complaints so far. Others will chime in. Usually you get what you pay for in this hobby. The parts manufacturers have to put out a good quality part or the customers are going to report it and let it know to other hobbyist. That's the greatest thing about this forum, we can all let each other know about parts, tools and chemicals for our e-bodies.

One of few

Reaction score
One thing for sure, the more you look, the more parts you’ll find out there. This forum is information heaven, if you’re unsure about something, these folks are the ones to ask. Calling it a Hobby is a nice way to describe it, here’s your fair warning. The more you hang around here, the sooner you’ll realize Mopar is a full blown disease…..

RYO5566

Reaction score
Obviously nothing is better than the factory parts and NOS parts, but those are all but gone or too expensive (when you can find them). I've used some OER parts, window regulators, windshield wipers, etc. No complaints so far. Others will chime in. Usually you get what you pay for in this hobby. The parts manufacturers have to put out a good quality part or the customers are going to report it and let it know to other hobbyist. That's the greatest thing about this forum, we can all let each other know about parts, tools and chemicals for our e-bodies.

Hello!
Thank you for your kind reply!
If there were parts manufacturers in Japan like in the US, I could try and error, but since everything is imported, it's difficult to try things out.
OER seems like a reliable manufacturer!

RYO5566

Reaction score
One thing for sure, the more you look, the more parts you’ll find out there. This forum is information heaven, if you’re unsure about something, these folks are the ones to ask. Calling it a Hobby is a nice way to describe it, here’s your fair warning. The more you hang around here, the sooner you’ll realize Mopar is a full blown disease…..

Hello!
Thank you for your detailed response!
I also think of it more as a disease than a hobby!
The people on this forum are always so kind and helpful with their advice!

Xcudame

Reaction score
OER is striving to be a good supplier. Just like 440 Source had some issues early on, they listened to customers complaints and delivered a better product. The businesses that listen to customer completes and strives to make their products better are always good to buy from. I can't say enough for the wonderful people on this site!

moparleo

Reaction score
There is no best part supplier. Some parts are just marketed by different companies under different brands, even though they are made by the same manufacturer.
The best you can hope for is good customer service because the parts sellers are seldom involved in the manufacturing process.
Stick with the big suppliers who have a track record and if you buy enough parts, try to build a relationship with someone there who will reaaly try to help you.
Word of mouth is the best advertising any company can hope for. Check with as many people/friends as possible for references.
Parts supplies are not ideal now and have been that way for a few years now, especially after the Covid fiasco.

RYO5566

Reaction score
OER is striving to be a good supplier. Just like 440 Source had some issues early on, they listened to customers complaints and delivered a better product. The businesses that listen to customer completes and strives to make their products better are always good to buy from. I can't say enough for the wonderful people on this site!

Thank you for your advice!
OER is fixing problems and providing better service!
That was helpful.
I'll definitely choose OER parts for my next order!

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
What parts are you looking for?
Gauges?
Legendary Auto Interiors has a great choice for seat covering.
Depending on your car, Dakota Digital gauges are really nice.

RYO5566

Reaction score
There is no best part supplier. Some parts are just marketed by different companies under different brands, even though they are made by the same manufacturer.
The best you can hope for is good customer service because the parts sellers are seldom involved in the manufacturing process.
Stick with the big suppliers who have a track record and if you buy enough parts, try to build a relationship with someone there who will reaaly try to help you.
Word of mouth is the best advertising any company can hope for. Check with as many people/friends as possible for references.
Parts supplies are not ideal now and have been that way for a few years now, especially after the Covid fiasco.
Thank you for your advice!
I have ordered AMD parts and received parts with stickers from a manufacturer other than AMD.
It has nothing to do with the distributor or manufacturing process.
I want to value user reviews.

RYO5566

Reaction score
What parts are you looking for?
Gauges?
Legendary Auto Interiors has a great choice for seat covering.
Depending on your car, Dakota Digital gauges are really nice.
Hello!
The parts I'm looking to purchase are exterior chrome moldings, emblems, carpets, door linings, and weather strips.
It seems like OER has a variety of parts available, so I was curious and asked!

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
1) emblems - I had good luck at Yearone
2) carpets - ACC from rock auto
3) door linings - also legendary auto interiors
4) weather strips - Metro Moulded Supersoft from Summit racing, but they will match prices from other dealers.

PG classic is where I got some of interior dash trim pieces. They are pretty nice and they have a 20% off sale until May 1st..

340challconvert

Reaction score
I have purchased from Rick Ehrenberg, a well known, old time Mopar journalist and technician (Mopar Action) selling on ebay. Many mechanical and other parts for sale and super fast delivery. I have recently ordered a number of parts from him that I needed quickly! And he will discount :thumbsup:

https://www.moparaction.net/

Last edited:

RYO5566

Reaction score
1) emblems - I had good luck at Yearone
2) carpets - ACC from rock auto
3) door linings - also legendary auto interiors
4) weather strips - Metro Moulded Supersoft from Summit racing, but they will match prices from other dealers.

PG classic is where I got some of interior dash trim pieces. They are pretty nice and they have a 20% off sale until May 1st..

Hello!
Thanks for the advice.
There are so many different parts manufacturers!
Even for the same Mopar parts, there are so many different manufacturers, so it's really hard to choose.
That was helpful.

RYO5566

Reaction score
I have purchased from Rick Ehrenberg, a well known, old time Mopar journalist and technician (Mopar Action) selling on ebay. Many mechanical and other parts for sale and super fast delivery. I have recently ordered a number of parts from him that I needed quickly! And he will discount :thumbsup:

https://www.moparaction.net/

Hello!
Thanks for your advice.
I was surprised to find people like this outside of shops and parts manufacturers!
We have a shop in Japan, but we have a very limited stock of parts and information, so it's very difficult.
I still need a lot of different parts, so I'll use your advice as reference for my future purchases.
Thank you!

mrmopar340

Reaction score
Rick is a go to guy for me too. Lug nuts to axle bearings to k member bolts to clutch equipment. If he doesn't have something he will try to find it or give you an alternative. Hit him up for combined shipping too. He is good with that too.

RYO5566

Reaction score
Rick is a go to guy for me too. Lug nuts to axle bearings to k member bolts to clutch equipment. If he doesn't have something he will try to find it or give you an alternative. Hit him up for combined shipping too. He is good with that too.

Hello!
It's reassuring to know that someone like you exists!
I'm looking for other parts, so I'll contact you right away.
Thank you!

Back