• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Aftermarket sheetmetal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbyr

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hello

New guy here, first post. My name is Jim, living in central Florida for the past 30 years and just getting back into e bodies. My last car was a 71 Barracuda convertible that I bought for 800 bucks when I lived in NY. Original 6 cly, manual top not really any options to speak of. Total rebuild with available parts from the time, early 80's. 340, 727, 323 rear, cuda fenders, black leather seats, rally dash, power top, road lamps and rally red lacquer paint. When I sold it in 87 I got 8 grand for it if that gives any indication of my age.

Anyway the question is this. I just bought a 71 Challenger, 340, auto FC7 with original motor and trans. The motor,body and frame is in great shape but needs a firewall, cowl, trunk floor and extensions among other things. There is a lot of aftermarket sheet metal available now that was unheard of back then for e bodies. Who makes the best stuff? Years ago I dealt with Jims Auto Parts in NH http://www.jimsautoparts.com/ he mostly sold NOS that has left over from the 70's. Where do you guys get your parts from? Who makes the best parts and who is the best to deal with.

thanks
Jim

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I agree with everything Leo has said and I'll also welcome you to the site from the Motor City! I also encourage you to post up some pics, I know we'd all love to see your '71.

MOPARMITCH

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the site. Jeff at 521Restorations.com has AMD Metal. Great guy to deal with, Gives discounts to guys on FBBO, FABO,FEBO

azmoparboy

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, good to see another challenger come back to life. Don't know if this'll help or not but out here in Arizona we have a shop called restoration Performance Center. They carry all sorts of aftermarket parts including sheet-metal. If you pull up their website you'll see the top billing says shipping free you only pay for the part itself, but if you guys don't have them down in Florida it won't do you much good but you could check around to see if any other shops do this kind of thing

jimbyr

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the site. Jeff at 521Restorations.com has AMD Metal. Great guy to deal with, Gives discounts to guys on FBBO, FABO,FEBO

Thanks guys appreciate the info. I'll be in touch with both places.

Jim

jimbyr

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Anybody have a phone # for Jeff at 521 Restorations. Don't see it on the website

thanks
Jim

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
What pieces are you looking for? I have all the floor, firewall and cowl I bought for a '70 Challenger that I just sold but still have all the AMD metal I bought for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back