• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Anybody see the 4-door barracuda at the SEMA show?

Moparhoosier2

Reaction score
I seen this car recently in a Mopar magazine and then when I went to the SEMA show it was there on display. Basically, this car was practically made from scratch. I spoke to the builder and he said it was inspired by the rumors and an add in Mechanix Illustrated magazine back in 1969 advertising a 2 or 4 door hardtop or convertible. I have to admit, it wasnt that bad looking. They also had pictures in the background showing a concept 4 door camaro as well as a 4 door mustang.

Moparhoosier2

Reaction score
here is a pic out of their flyer they handed out at the show.

Sorry, I have a new scanner and still trying to learn how to use it. I will post pics later.

Last edited:

Moparhoosier2

Reaction score
ECS sponsored the build I believe. I read in the article in you link where it says they were going to put a luggage rack on it. The one displayed didnt have that. Also in the previous article there was someone who claimed he had seen the 4 door built. The builder of this car claimed none has ever been done. Hmmm. Either way, overall, I thought the car at the show was kind cool for a 4 door. It was red with a black vinyl top and redline tires.

moparlee

Reaction score
Here is the link to the ECS website for the car. What Matt sent out is the thread to the build until ECS stopped posting on here. It is the same car you seen at SEMA.

4-Door Barracuda

ebody70

Reaction score
I have seen this car on two different occasions,the car is very nicely done . Workmanship is top quality and would score high numbers with any concourse judge . The car shows just like what it really is . A Mid 70s B body with E body sheet metal attached to it. I don't believe anyone ever saw the real deal because i dont think it ever exhisted . This car looks like all its dsconected brothers ,4 door corvette , Mustang station wagon ,etc. I just don't see how or why Chrysler would have taken this any further then the drawing board . Again I have talked to these builders and they are really nice people and very talented , but as a Cuda convertible owner , this car just seems to werd for my liking .

340challconvert

Reaction score
The four door Cuda was an incredible project with exceptional engineering and workmanship. Art with four doors and four wheels.
I wish I had the skills to do a fraction of the work that Dave has done to create this car.
Dino2 (1).gif

Last edited:

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
That's quite the car! incredible workmanship.

Dave has a post on just about every e body site. then he would get harassed so much he would just stop posting. Too bad really.

Back