• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Anybody used Bergman steering coupler?

440 Smokin

Reaction score
I am getting ready to replace the factory PS box in my 74 Cuda with a Borgeson box. Bergman Auto Craft who seems like they specialize in the Borgeson boxes have an extended version of the factory coupler which means you don't have to cut your shaft and it maintains the longitudinal compliance. Has anyone used this coupler? It is pricey, $200 compared with the $125 U joint style offered from Borgeson. Don't mind the price if it works well so would like to hear from anyone who has used it.

Direct-Fit Mopar Steering Coupler - No Cutting - Bergman Auto Craft

tonysrt

Reaction score
I've used the Bergman coupler on 2 conversions and no problem, a71 Cuda and 74 Duster.

440 Smokin

Reaction score
Thanks Tonysrt. I expect I will go with Bergman coupler, just a pretty big gulp for a power steering unit once you add everything else in. Appreciate your reply.

tonysrt

Reaction score
I know its a big nut to bite off, but the results are well worth it.

fasjac

Reaction score
I am getting ready to replace the factory PS box in my 74 Cuda with a Borgeson box. Bergman Auto Craft who seems like they specialize in the Borgeson boxes have an extended version of the factory coupler which means you don't have to cut your shaft and it maintains the longitudinal compliance. Has anyone used this coupler? It is pricey, $200 compared with the $125 U joint style offered from Borgeson. Don't mind the price if it works well so would like to hear from anyone who has used it.

Direct-Fit Mopar Steering Coupler - No Cutting - Bergman Auto Craft
I used this one in 2011. At the moment, can’t remember the vendor but, have it on file in the office. No cutting involved, billet aluminum. I paid about 100.00 bucks. Hope you can see it.

C5005820-AC36-4460-BC0F-28C61E2D4719.jpeg

Jim Moroz

Reaction score
Just installed the Borgesen box and Bergman coupler in my 73 Cuda. Best mod I have done so far. Bergman was great to deal with and the power steering unit is just like modern steering !

Back