• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

bad vibration

hpjunke

Reaction score
ok so i took out my challenger yesterday and noticed it had a pretty bad vibration at around 60 mph it had it before but was no where near as bad so i was really thinking the u joints are going away its only on acceleration and its lowered and ich in a half in the rear so i know the pinion angle is off , off enough where if i get on it and it hooks the driveshaft rubs the bottom of the car .. what do you guys think ? i never changed the u joints since its been back on the road..
any ideas guys?

mopar70

Reaction score
I got the same issue at 70 80 mph really loud vibration. I ended up breaking my rear u joint and the drive shaft fell out lucky I was turning left and not going to fast. I have replaced it but have not driven the car since its off the road until summer and upgrading the suspension and brakes.

moparleo

Reaction score
Send the shaft out to a driveline shop. Have them check for straightness( bent shaft) install correct u-joints and balance.
If you still have a vibration, it will be easier to pinpoint.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
2 problems for sure ,
1- the pinion angle is set too high , it should be 5* down from the driveshaft angle
2 the front section of the springs is too soft , add 1/2 leafs & a square top U bolt to stiffen the front section so the pinion cannot climb

Last edited:

hpjunke

Reaction score
Chryco it's #1 pinion is to high .. Car is lowered

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Cool so you need some angled shims available from most 4x4 shops , aim for 5* nose down & the vib should go away

Back