• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Driveline Vibration

money pit

Reaction score
to tell if it;s in the drive train ;drive the car in second gear at the same rpm as when you have the problem also i had chrome wheel lugs that bottomed out just as the wheel tightened viberated at 90 mph
Why drive in second gear? I'm curious to know why. Thanks

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
to tell if it;s in the drive train ;drive the car in second gear at the same rpm as when you have the problem also i had chrome wheel lugs that bottomed out just as the wheel tightened viberated at 90 mph
When I get to that speed.everything seems to smooths out.

money pit

Reaction score
No, it’s one or the other… but be aware magnum and LA 360 balancers, flexplates, and converters are not interchangeable; they will bolt on but are balanced differently.

You can use a weighted flexplate with a neutral balance converter and vice versa.. also some aftermarket balanced flex plates like the B&M don’t have a weight but remove a piece from the other side to create an offset weight.

It looks like the weights are there.

torque converter weights.jpg

money pit

Reaction score
If you have a vibration when reving the engine while parked then I don’t think it has anything to do with the driveshaft.
The engine mounts look okay. The trans mount is suspect. The rubber is off set. The trans fluid is from the speedo.

trans mount.jpg

cuda joe

Reaction score
when you drive in second gear get your rpm the same as when you have the problem if it;s in the drive train you will get the vibration because the engine is going the same speed .if you don;t have the vibration at that rpm it;s not in the drivetrain quick test to narrow it down a little. usually at 55 mph the wheels need to be balanced

Back