• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Ballpark price

slq14

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new to mopars. My cousin has a 70 cuda that he restored years ago and I've always liked it. Anyway I'm wanting to build a challenger. There is a house in my old neighborhood that has a 71 challenger, a 72-74 cuda, and another cuda can't tell the year from where it's sitting. They've been sitting for a long time I'm 21 now and I've know of them for at least 8 years. They just seem like base model cars no r/t or any of that. Probably all 318 cars. I seen the guy outside the other day and he wants 10000 a piece for them. Id like to have the challenger. I know you really can't say anything without pics, and I'll try to get some, but what would be a good price to pay. The area there in flooded bad about 4 years ago, that's the reason I had to move.

js29

Reaction score
If these cars were under water you would have to disassemble every nut and bolt on it! after 4years of setting who knows what it will need. i agree RUN away from it at that price

slq14

Reaction score
I drove by earlier today they were still there but it looks like they've been moved around a little from the last time I saw them. Still in the same condition though. So maybe They run. He was outside maybe I should have stopped and asked about them again.

Canuck74

Reaction score
For $10,000 it would have to be a very clean, restorable, complete base model 318 or an incomplete, needs work R/T. I'm talking Canadian prices mind you and prices are generally a little higher here I believe than for a comparable car down south. If you were even remotely thinking of going any further with this guy, I would make sure you knew every option and exactly what condition they are in. $10,000 is pricey.

slq14

Reaction score
Probably asking for too much but I basically want to find a good start for car that can be restored. I would like to have one that runs or is close to running. I really don't want something sitting around right now.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I would be cautious at 10K for the whole bunch. Sounds like a pile of damaged parts. Then again, they might not be too bad. Get some good pics and we will try to help.

slq14

Reaction score
I'll try to get some pics when I can. I was going to see about saving up a little cash and heading back over this summer and showing him some cash and see if he'll come off them some.

slq14

Reaction score
I have to go back to that area tomorrow. I'll try to snap a couple pics when Im out there.

slq14

Reaction score
This was the best one I could get. I'll go out there again and get some close ups of the interior.

Last edited:

Avalanche

Reaction score
If all the cars are base models? The challenger has an RT hood. Again considering all base models, 71 and 70 cuda's are worth more finished than the 71 challenger. So if one of those barracudas are 70 or 71, and the shape of them are equal, I would buy the cuda before the challenger. IF not 70 or 71, then stick with the challenger. Just my opinion.

slq14

Reaction score
I haven't got up close to look at them. I know the black cuda beside it is a 72-74. Not sure what the pink one is behind it though

challenger6pak

Reaction score
If the pink one is a 70
and it has a fender tag with the code FM3 on it...buy it.

slq14

Reaction score
Ok. I'm new to mopars and these are way before my time. What makes that one special?

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I know it's hard to tell from one pic but the Challenger looks to be original paint including the hood and it has the right center caps on the Rallye wheels so it might be an R/T car.

slq14

Reaction score
I'm going to talk to him about them again if I can catch him at home again. Just going by the one pic about how much would be a good amount to offer?

Back