• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Been a while.

MerlinsMopars

Reaction score
Since I have been on the site but thank everyone that helped me with replies. Every car build is different and this was a phenomenal task for me.
I got the motor broke in with the single valve springs and built an exhaust to exit near it for the break in. All went well, then swapped the old headers for the new Doug's d453 small block and installed the tti 2.5 out the back. They are not compatible so I fabd the x pipe to collectors but wasn't a big job. Maybe saved 200$ but there is work involved with them.
PC of crap starter from China was junk and purchased too far ago so bought a 91 Dakota and fit fine except the Bendix didn't engage so took that back but auto crap said the warranty would go down if I exchange it so I asked for the money back. They refunded it and I walked away, turned around and said I wanted to purchase one. 😆
Installed the new headers and tti exhaust along with the inner valve springs. All went well. Then attempted a ride and the clutch was squealing like a pig. Was a centerforce dual friction.
So after a long look into wrong direction of the installation, called them and they actually manufactured a batch that was made with the puck and composite backwards from the info that I have so far.
The puck should be towards the flywheel and the springs towards the pressure plate.
Mine was manufactured opposite by mistake. 2020 was when I purchased it so out of warranty and I already ripped into it to correct the irriconcilible scqueal. The 1/2" spring plate always goes towards the pressure plate and if it is a df clutch, the puck side is towards the flywheel. So ripping it all back out.
I guess this is the new world we live in now.
Nothing is assumed to be considered correct
It is a beautiful car tho and bugs worked out soon.
Pathetic, because I always am a one and done type mechanic. Don't assume anything is going to work until you try it.

IMG_20231004_134615593_HDR.jpg

MerlinsMopars

Reaction score
A good wet sand and buff, stripe kit, and new clutch will exceed my expectations. Set it up for a repo stereo but of course, they aren't making that anymore. Called custom stereo, and all the repo places. Guess a glove box type is all I can do.

IMG_20231004_135456971_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231004_134807248_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231004_134601842_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231004_134540909_HDR.jpg

MerlinsMopars

Reaction score
Thanks man. I got your vapor separator installed in there and was very nice after blasting.
Turned out, I actually put the clutch in backwards somehow.
I am totally shocked but can't deny it. Even after checking 2x. Ashamed for that.
I got very lucky and barely skimmed the flywheel nuts. No other damage involved. TG!
Hope anyone else that hasn't installed a clutch yet, don't make the same mistake as I did.

Back