• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Best Dash Pad Company

Ariovistus

Reaction score
Have you looked at Legendary Interiors, I bought one for my 69 Charger, it’s holding up well.

[/URL]
Mopar Nut, I used a legendary interiors Dash back in 2003 for My 72 Cuda 340. I completely forgot about them. I was not aware they were still around. The Dash Pad was excellent, But the door Panels were a real challenge to make fit properly.

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
Mopar Nut, I used a legendary interiors Dash back in 2003 for My 72 Cuda 340. I completely forgot about them. I was not aware they were still around. The Dash Pad was excellent, But the door Panels were a real challenge to make fit properly.
If you do go with Legendary Interiors, they usually have a weekend sale online only. I called before I ordered to make sure their dashes are manufactured in the house, the guy I talked to assured me, they manufacture them.

My lower dash pads in My 69 Charger came from PG classics out of Canada, they are holding up quite well and fit nicely. They do sell upper dash pads too, if you decide to go with them, they have a 25% sale coming up.

Ronbo73

Reaction score
I used year one for my dash pad refinishing. It was around $1300-$1400 including the shipping to Texas. Free return shipping which did save a few bucks. I did contact dashpad pros and their price was about the same but shipping was pretty expensive. Thats why I went with year one. I also contacted Instrument specialties in RI, I can drive there. The cost to refinish the dash pad only, was $3000. That is out of my budget.

Year one sends their dashes to a place in Texas within 5 miles of the Mexican border. If you are looking for concourse finish, I would not use year one. The finish is more like todays dash pads, more on the flat side not as glossy. I didn't know what to expect when I sent my original dash, so I only took a few pictures prior to shipping the dash pad. I should have taken more pictures especially of the speaker locations dash thickness. So far everything is fitting ok. I have not installed the speakers yet but I did notice that the center speaker grille mounts will need to be trimmed so that the speaker grill sits flush with the top of the dash pad. I do like the finish of the dash and I think it looks really nice. Sorry I don't more pics, its tucked away right now.
IMG_5920.jpgIMG_5921.jpg

Cuda_mark

Reaction score
I had my dash done by Just Dashes and it sat inside a building for a couple of years. The first time it was moved into direct sunlight, I had a bubble appear
My just dash's pad went bad after 5 or 6 years sitting in the garage w/o any substantial
time in the sun im picking up 2 from the texas guys to replace the just dash's pad in my 72 and the 71 RT im almost finished building now. Its been a minute since the just dash's transaction but i wanna say it $1200 to $1400 hundi back then. The Tx guys gave me a pretty good deal. I bought 2 at once. To be honest the resentment i have for jd is pretty strong! Nothing worse than having to yank the whole dash out because the thing is bubbling right in front of the driver above the cluster. i hope i have a better outcome with these 2. only time will tell.

I had my dash done by Just Dashes and it sat inside a building for a couple of years. The first time it was moved into direct sunlight, I had a bubble appear right above the gauge cluster as well. The windshield wasn't in at the time. I called Just Dashes and they said "yeah, that happens from time to time". They even had a video about how to fix it. I wasn't about to pull the dash back out so I followed their procedure to puncture the hole with a small needle. It seems to have done the job. With the windshield in now, you would have to look real close to see any evidence that there was ever a bubble there. It seems like they were ready to warranty it if I wasn't able to fix it to my satisfaction.

DSCN9997.JPG

before fix.JPG

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
I had my dash done by Just Dashes and it sat inside a building for a couple of years. The first time it was moved into direct sunlight, I had a bubble appear

I had my dash done by Just Dashes and it sat inside a building for a couple of years. The first time it was moved into direct sunlight, I had a bubble appear right above the gauge cluster as well. The windshield wasn't in at the time. I called Just Dashes and they said "yeah, that happens from time to time". They even had a video about how to fix it. I wasn't about to pull the dash back out so I followed their procedure to puncture the hole with a small needle. It seems to have done the job. With the windshield in now, you would have to look real close to see any evidence that there was ever a bubble there. It seems like they were ready to warranty it if I wasn't able to fix it to my satisfaction.

View attachment 113531

View attachment 113532
Did they offer to give you some money back?

Ariovistus

Reaction score
If you do go with Legendary Interiors, they usually have a weekend sale online only. I called before I ordered to make sure their dashes are manufactured in the house, the guy I talked to assured me, they manufacture them.

My lower dash pads in My 69 Charger came from PG classics out of Canada, they are holding up quite well and fit nicely. They do sell upper dash pads too, if you decide to go with them, they have a 25% sale coming up.
Thank You. I was Not aware of that. Appreciate the Info!

Ariovistus

Reaction score

Thank You. Do They require a core Charge? I appreciate Your assistance.

Ariovistus

Reaction score
I used year one for my dash pad refinishing. It was around $1300-$1400 including the shipping to Texas. Free return shipping which did save a few bucks. I did contact dashpad pros and their price was about the same but shipping was pretty expensive. Thats why I went with year one. I also contacted Instrument specialties in RI, I can drive there. The cost to refinish the dash pad only, was $3000. That is out of my budget.

Year one sends their dashes to a place in Texas within 5 miles of the Mexican border. If you are looking for concourse finish, I would not use year one. The finish is more like todays dash pads, more on the flat side not as glossy. I didn't know what to expect when I sent my original dash, so I only took a few pictures prior to shipping the dash pad. I should have taken more pictures especially of the speaker locations dash thickness. So far everything is fitting ok. I have not installed the speakers yet but I did notice that the center speaker grille mounts will need to be trimmed so that the speaker grill sits flush with the top of the dash pad. I do like the finish of the dash and I think it looks really nice. Sorry I don't more pics, its tucked away right now.
View attachment 113484View attachment 113485
This Looks Pretty good. Thank You for the Pics!

Ariovistus

Reaction score

View attachment 113531

View attachment 113532
Nice HemiCuda!

Cuda_mark

Reaction score
No, they didn't offer anything back, they just sent me instructions on how to fix it. Their reply is pasted below:

Hey Mark,

This bubble thing happens every once in a while but once you let the air out and flatten it down, it shouldnt come back.
If it happens again, we have video instructions on youtube to remove the bubbles.

Let us know if it happens again.

Thanks

Bubble fix instructions

1. Put dash out in the sun to heat vinyl up to a hot temp. If the sun is not available use a heat gun or a blow dryer from 2 feet away, and keep moving to slowly warm up bubble area. The objective is to make the bubble rise, and get the vinyl hot and pliable.
  2. Once the bubble is blown up all the way. Poke a sewing needle at the base of the bubble,(IMPORTANT not in the middle of the bubble), and make a small hole
  3. With a soft cloth, push the bubble from the opposite side of the needle prick and slowly smooth out the area.
  4. Flash cool the same area with a spray bottle with cold water. This will allow the vinyl to harden while in place.
  5. If needed repeat steps 1-3, from other sides of the bubble base.

Ariovistus

Reaction score
Their website is not very User Friendly to navigate. Every Time I write 70 Barracuda Dash, I get 78 Camaro Dash. Thanks anyway.
I called Legendary. They said they don't carry the E body dashes anymore because customers were complaining about the quality of the Dash. He said He sends everyone to Just Dashes. But after seeing the Bubble on Cuda Mark's Car, I am hesitant to use Just Dashes. I am thinking about ABC Moparts in Kingman Arizona. It is not far from Here. I really appreciate all the Information and feedback from Everyone.

Ariovistus

Reaction score
No, they didn't offer anything back, they just sent me instructions on how to fix it. Their reply is pasted below:

Hey Mark,

This bubble thing happens every once in a while but once you let the air out and flatten it down, it shouldnt come back.
If it happens again, we have video instructions on youtube to remove the bubbles.

Let us know if it happens again.

Thanks

Bubble fix instructions

1. Put dash out in the sun to heat vinyl up to a hot temp. If the sun is not available use a heat gun or a blow dryer from 2 feet away, and keep moving to slowly warm up bubble area. The objective is to make the bubble rise, and get the vinyl hot and pliable.
  2. Once the bubble is blown up all the way. Poke a sewing needle at the base of the bubble,(IMPORTANT not in the middle of the bubble), and make a small hole
  3. With a soft cloth, push the bubble from the opposite side of the needle prick and slowly smooth out the area.
  4. Flash cool the same area with a spray bottle with cold water. This will allow the vinyl to harden while in place.
  5. If needed repeat steps 1-3, from other sides of the bubble base.

Cuda Mark, That Is wrong. I Know You did not want to remove the Dash again, but They should have given You some compensation. JD is always saying they have a lifetime warranty. They need to stand behind their Products. This Bubble on Your Dash Just cost them a new customer, Me.

heminut

Reaction score
I am thinking about ABC Moparts in Kingman Arizona. It is not far from Here.
According to Google maps, you're about the same distance from ABC Moparts as I was from the El Paso dash pad vendor. In your case, I would definitely take the time to pick the pad up in person and check the quality before accepting it.

Ariovistus

Reaction score
According to Google maps, you're about the same distance from ABC Moparts as I was from the El Paso dash pad vendor. In your case, I would definitely take the time to pick the pad up in person and check the quality before accepting it.
Heminut, I was going to send them My Dash Pad and have them Remanufacture it. I was thinking about JD, until I saw the Bubble On Cuda Mark's dash, and their Lack of Customer Service to compensate Him. They should have done more. Lifetime warranty does not equal fix their mistake. As a USAF Veteran of 25 Years, We always had to do the Job right the first time. Not trying to be hardcore, but if a product has a warranty, they need to Honor it.

Back