• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

best mopar deal you ever passed up>?

sluvxe

Reaction score
Whats that one car you guys wish you had bought but couldn't for whatever reason?

For me it was a 1973 Cuda with a fresh built 360 for 2500 bucks..at a chevy classic car dealer...

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
2 deals
71 Cuda , 440+6 V code , 4 spd , dana [obviously] , shaker , V3 Hemi orange , billboards , spoiler pkg , Black roof & interior , Rear window louvers, 15" ralleys , tinted glass , rim blow , Elastomeric bumpers , I am pretty sure it had the AM/FM Cassette it carried the licence plate , RARE 1.
He called me up & offered it to me for $10K , he wanted to buy a brand new GnX , he sold the car to someone & bought the GnX figuring it would go up in value more than the Cuda !!

The Second deal was an AAR Cuda , it had been converted to a Hemi . the car was an original sublime car had almost all of the parts included to restore it back to an original AAR , the Hemi was a 66 block full roller , cam , rockers etc , it was a full race engine with a 8/71 blower on top , 2 " headers etc making 900+ hp , I could have had everything for $20 k , the engine alone was worth close to that with the race trans etc
I would have put the engine in some other body & rebuilt the Cuda .

Both times I was in a position where I had no extra $$ & could not get financing .

Last edited:

sluvxe

Reaction score
2 deals
71 Cuda , 440+6 V code , 4 spd , dana [obviously] , shaker , V3 Hemi orange , billboards , spoiler pkg , Black roof & interior , 15" ralleys , tinted glass , rim blow , Elastomeric bumpers , I am pretty sure it had the AM/FM Cassette it cariied the licence plate , RARE 1.
He called me up & offered it to me for $10K , he wanted to buy a brand new GnX , he sold the car to someone & bought the GnX figuring it would go up in value more than the Cuda !!

The Second deal was an AAR Cuda , it had been converted to a Hemi . the car was an original sublime car had almost all of the parts included to restore it back to an original AAR , the Hemi was a 66 block full roller , cam , rockers etc , it was a full race engine with a 8/71 blower on top , 2 " headers etc making 900+ hp , I could have had everything for $20 k , the engine alone was worth close to that with the race trans etc
I would have put the engine in some other body & rebuilt the Cuda .

Both times I was in a position where I had no extra $$ & could not get financing .

I'm saving as much as i can right now, just so the next deal i dont have to pass up....or the current deal im waiting on...

B

Benji

Hard to believe but in 1974 a local body shop sold a blue 1971 Hemi-Cuda for $5300.00. I passed on it. :-(

Benji

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
In the late 70 I was looking for my second E body & really wanted a purple 4 spd R/T Chall , which I did eventually buy & still have . I found an ad for a 71 Hemi Chall red , it was 7500 as I recall , I passed , never liked the 71 Chall & still don't , I do not regret passing that one up even though financially it would have been smart to grab it .
These cars for me have never been about the $$

sluvxe

Reaction score
In the late 70 I was looking for my second E body & really wanted a purple 4 spd R/T Chall , which I did eventually buy & still have . I found an ad for a 71 Hemi Chall red , it was 7500 as I recall , I passed , never liked the 71 Chall & still don't , I do not regret passing that one up even though financially it would have been smart to grab it .
These cars for me have never been about the $$

I wasnt born till 85, and by the time i was old enough to buy a car, Mopar prices were insane already. Thankfully some prices have gone down, and likely will continue to fall for some time. So i can finally get an E Body.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
1970 Hemi Superbird. $2,500. It was raced, lightly wrecked, and all there. It also was 1980 so we laughed at the guy. I know the guy who bought the car. He still has it and is having the last laugh.

Back