• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Billy Graham

Aussie Challenger

Reaction score
Rev Billy Graham has made a video and it is supposed to be broadcast America wide on his 95th birthday, November 7th.
Billy Graham has preached to more people and in more countries than any other Pastor ever has, he used to be a strong spiritual force to Presidents until recently.
This may be his last sermon which he has made for Americans. It is supposed to be available soon on the internet where I will have to watch it from because of my location.
Is there anyone else going to watch this telecast from this great man of God?

btceng

Reaction score
I definitely do intend to see it, live or otherwise. Interesting to see his take on things going on around here.

Plymouth71

Reaction score
Personally I won't watch because I don't think he is a man of God. I look at him and his Son and they just rake in the money. I believe they teach false doctrines and mislead people from the truth. There. I said it. Just for starters... Billy Graham has expressed inclusivist views, suggesting that people without explicit faith in Jesus can be saved. In a 1997 interview with Robert Schuller, Graham said " I think that everybody that loves or knows Christ, whether they are conscious of it or not, they are members of the body of Christ. . . . [God] is calling people out of the world for his name, whether they come from the Muslim world, or the Buddhist world or the non-believing world, they are members of the Body of Christ because they have been called by God. They may not know the name of Jesus but they know in their hearts that they need something they do not have, and they turn to the only light they have, and I think that they are saved and they are going to be with us in heaven. (this is not what the Bible preaches).

Captured on the tapes, Graham agreed with Nixon that Jews control the American media, calling it a "stranglehold" during a 1972 conversation with Nixon. He made further remarks which were characterized as anti-Semitic by Abraham Foxman of the Anti-Defamation League and evangelical author Richard Land.
When the tapes were made public, Graham apologized and said, "Although I have no memory of the occasion, I deeply regret comments I apparently made in an Oval Office conversation with President Nixon ... some 30 years ago (...). They do not reflect my views and I sincerely apologize for any offense caused by the remarks." According to Newsweek magazine, "The shock of the revelation was magnified because of Graham's longtime support of Israel and his refusal to join in calls for conversion of the Jews."

In 2009, more Nixon tapes were released, in which Graham is heard in conversation with Nixon referring to Jews and "the synagogue of Satan". A spokesman for Graham said that Graham has never been an anti-Semite and that the comparison (in accord with the context of the quotation in the Book of Revelation) was directed specifically at those claiming to be Jews, but not holding to traditional Jewish values.[

His son pulled in a salary from the Graham Ministries and one from the Samaritans Purse Charity. Franklin Graham has also been criticized in the United States, for drawing a full-time salary from Samaritan's Purse, while at the same time receiving a full-time salary from Billy Graham Evangelistic Association. This was first seriously drawn into question after his 2008 compensation from both organizations totaled $1.2 million. (Most of this was the result of a new IRS rule that required him to re-report deferred retirement contributions that had already been reported over the previous three years). Some non-profit experts have doubted that one person can do two full-time jobs leading organizations that employ hundreds and spend hundreds of millions around the world. In response to the questions about his compensation, Graham decided to give up his Salary from BGEA, stating his calling to the ministry, "was never based on compensation." He also had contributions to his retirement plans suspended until the economy bounced back.Tell me why he needed 2 salaries when there are poor people the charity is trying to support. He only stopped when it was revealed he was pulling in this money.

Oh, and If I'm not mistaken, Jesus told his disciples to distribute their wealth, not hoard it. Oh, and it appears his faith is dependant on who he's aligned with... In October 2012, Billy Graham publicly endorsed the Republican presidential candidate, Mitt Romney. Shortly after, references to Mormonism as a cult were removed from Graham's website.

Anyhow. to quote Zac Bauer... Go home. Read your Bible.

MOPARMITCH

Reaction score
Personally I won't watch because I don't think he is a man of God. I look at him and his Son and they just rake in the money. I believe they teach false doctrines and mislead people from the truth. There. I said it. Just for starters... Billy Graham has expressed inclusivist views, suggesting that people without explicit faith in Jesus can be saved. In a 1997 interview with Robert Schuller, Graham said " I think that everybody that loves or knows Christ, whether they are conscious of it or not, they are members of the body of Christ. . . . [God] is calling people out of the world for his name, whether they come from the Muslim world, or the Buddhist world or the non-believing world, they are members of the Body of Christ because they have been called by God. They may not know the name of Jesus but they know in their hearts that they need something they do not have, and they turn to the only light they have, and I think that they are saved and they are going to be with us in heaven. (this is not what the Bible preaches).

Captured on the tapes, Graham agreed with Nixon that Jews control the American media, calling it a "stranglehold" during a 1972 conversation with Nixon. He made further remarks which were characterized as anti-Semitic by Abraham Foxman of the Anti-Defamation League and evangelical author Richard Land.
When the tapes were made public, Graham apologized and said, "Although I have no memory of the occasion, I deeply regret comments I apparently made in an Oval Office conversation with President Nixon ... some 30 years ago (...). They do not reflect my views and I sincerely apologize for any offense caused by the remarks." According to Newsweek magazine, "The shock of the revelation was magnified because of Graham's longtime support of Israel and his refusal to join in calls for conversion of the Jews."

In 2009, more Nixon tapes were released, in which Graham is heard in conversation with Nixon referring to Jews and "the synagogue of Satan". A spokesman for Graham said that Graham has never been an anti-Semite and that the comparison (in accord with the context of the quotation in the Book of Revelation) was directed specifically at those claiming to be Jews, but not holding to traditional Jewish values.[

His son pulled in a salary from the Graham Ministries and one from the Samaritans Purse Charity. Franklin Graham has also been criticized in the United States, for drawing a full-time salary from Samaritan's Purse, while at the same time receiving a full-time salary from Billy Graham Evangelistic Association. This was first seriously drawn into question after his 2008 compensation from both organizations totaled $1.2 million. (Most of this was the result of a new IRS rule that required him to re-report deferred retirement contributions that had already been reported over the previous three years). Some non-profit experts have doubted that one person can do two full-time jobs leading organizations that employ hundreds and spend hundreds of millions around the world. In response to the questions about his compensation, Graham decided to give up his Salary from BGEA, stating his calling to the ministry, "was never based on compensation." He also had contributions to his retirement plans suspended until the economy bounced back.Tell me why he needed 2 salaries when there are poor people the charity is trying to support. He only stopped when it was revealed he was pulling in this money.

Oh, and If I'm not mistaken, Jesus told his disciples to distribute their wealth, not hoard it. Oh, and it appears his faith is dependant on who he's aligned with... In October 2012, Billy Graham publicly endorsed the Republican presidential candidate, Mitt Romney. Shortly after, references to Mormonism as a cult were removed from Graham's website.

Anyhow. to quote Zac Bauer... Go home. Read your Bible.

Complete underdulterated BS

Plymouth71

Reaction score
I'm just saying that these men Are not saints. In fact All Christians have been led astray by the church. Do your homework. You will find that no where in the scriptures will you find the celebration of Christmas. In the 1st century you have "home" church's with a congregation of maybe 20-30 max. There were no "professional" pastors. Even the disciples lived hand to mouth because it is a very slippery slope. Look at all the corruption in today's church's, just the other day A huge Child **** bust took place. 9 Pastors and Priests were arrested. (LINK) Do you know why the last Pope resigned? (LINK).

Too many Christians don't study the Bible, they just go to church like good little sheep and listen to Traditions and Doctrines of men. Do you know the real name of the Christian Savior? It's not Jesus. The letter J was only invented about 400 years ago. Did you know that Easter is a Pagan Holiday celebrating the False God Ishtar or Ashtoreth as it is found in the Bible.

1 Samuel 7:3 So Samuel said to all the Israelites, “If you are returning to the Lord with all your hearts, then rid yourselves of the foreign gods and the Ashtoreths and commit yourselves to the Lord and serve him only, and he will deliver you out of the hand of the Philistines.”

God doesn't like us celebrating in ways that glorify false Idols, Remember the 1st Commandment? Christmas is the same thing. Pagan Holiday wrapped in celebration of our Savior. Not even around the time of his actual birth. What I`m trying to say is that If the Grahams know the Bible so well, he would know that God said not to celebrate in these ways. However most Christians gloss over at this point, so feel free to follow in their footsteps.

My eyes were opened about 6 months ago, and the revelations keep on coming. I`m looking into the Hebrew roots of the Christian faith. Jesus taught the whole Law of God and told us to follow his commandments. If he truly is God, that means we are to follow the commandments set forth in the Old Testament. Don`t give me the `he nailed them to the cross`, The Greek word Pleeroo means Fully Teach, not Fulfill which is another problem. Poor translation habits by those re-writing the scriptures. They don`t know their History or Geography of the area nor do they understand the context the scriptures were written in. Anybody who understands the Hebrew Language can tell you that the first time a word appears in the Scriptures sets the meaning for the word. Most people don`t even realize the complexity of the Hebrew Language. Each LETTER has its own meaning and the meaning of the letters in a word tell you the meaning of the word itself. Not only that, Each letter has a numerical Value and a musical note.

Look. Im just trying to get the truth out there. Look into it. Don`t assume what you`ve been taught is always correct. Test Everything. If you seek him with all your Heart, Soul and Might, he will reveal himself to you and you will have a much deeper relationship with him. I`m sure the Grahams are nice enough people, but Don`t mistake them for Godly Men. They are misleading millions of people as are most of the Churches of the World. Don`t get me started on the Roman Catholic Church either.

If you want to know more, PM me otherwise, this is my last post on this thread.

Peace be with you.

moparleo

Reaction score
If you are really looking for the true meanings in the BIBLE, you are going to have to learn to read HEBREW as the English and Latin translations do change the meanings of a lot of the Bible. There are no direct translations from the original written word and what we read today. Remember that the written word came about many years after the actual time of the books of the Bible. Nobody comes close to Gods perfection and I beleive that thoise who truly believe will be saved. We can't know what the actual words of the Bible are but I believe that Lord is a loving God and will show mercy to those that believe even if they fall short of the written word. The Lord loves everyone, he is an inclusive Lord. Billy Graham may not be your cup of tea, but he has carried the Word to millions and cannot be faulted much in his ways. We will all be judged in the end and we will each have to account for our own short commings. Before you criticise someone for their interpretations of the Bible, remember this" let he who is without sin cast the first stone" Amen

Aussie Challenger

Reaction score
If you are really looking for the true meanings in the BIBLE, you are going to have to learn to read HEBREW as the English and Latin translations do change the meanings of a lot of the Bible. There are no direct translations from the original written word and what we read today. Remember that the written word came about many years after the actual time of the books of the Bible. Nobody comes close to Gods perfection and I beleive that thoise who truly believe will be saved. We can't know what the actual words of the Bible are but I believe that Lord is a loving God and will show mercy to those that believe even if they fall short of the written word. The Lord loves everyone, he is an inclusive Lord. Billy Graham may not be your cup of tea, but he has carried the Word to millions and cannot be faulted much in his ways. We will all be judged in the end and we will each have to account for our own short commings. Before you criticise someone for their interpretations of the Bible, remember this" let he who is without sin cast the first stone" Amen
Amen, when I started this post originally I was just bringing to anybody who might be interested to see and here probably for the last time a man who has given so much for spreading the word of Jesus and changing peoples lives.
He and his son are not perfect, I know that I certainly aren't and wouldn't criticize him.

Plymouth71

Reaction score
Ok, Just so you know, I'm not trying to stir the pot, I'm trying to show the importance of Knowing what the Bible says, and That we need to seriously Seek him with all our Heart, Soul and Might. I know I said I would not reply, but I want to explain myself. I'm not trying to create enemies here, I'd rather try to share the knowledge I've had placed in my care. Hopefully this message speaks to you and will encourage you.

If you are really looking for the true meanings in the BIBLE, you are going to have to learn to read HEBREW as the English and Latin translations do change the meanings of a lot of the Bible.

Exactly. I have been learning Hebrew. The Aleph Bet is amazing for only having 22 Letters. Each Letter has its own meaning and the letters explain what the word means. Truly divine.

There are no direct translations from the original written word and what we read today. Remember that the written word came about many years after the actual time of the books of the Bible.

That is correct, However we have the Dead Sea Scrolls among others which predate modern translations, and besides the Greek New Testament, we also have the New Testament in Aramaic, while not likely written by original disciples, these Aramaic texts would be written in the Language Jesus would have spoken and therefore a more direct translation to english can be realized.

Nobody comes close to Gods perfection and I beleive that those who truly believe will be saved. We can't know what the actual words of the Bible are but I believe that Lord is a loving God and will show mercy to those that believe even if they fall short of the written word. The Lord loves everyone, he is an inclusive Lord.

Be careful. He does have requirements and his grace will only take us so far. When we say Believe, it can mean several different meanings. I think it is best to use the Bible to determine what this should entail. Even if translations are not infallible (the lessons within it show us) we need to strive to follow his lead. Also look up what it means to "believe" for even the demons believe. Believe means to trust AND obey.

I Think this video explains a lot: Link It might also give you more of an idea of where I`m coming from.

Billy Graham may not be your cup of tea, but he has carried the Word to millions and cannot be faulted much in his ways. We will all be judged in the end and we will each have to account for our own short commings.

James 3:1 Not many should become teachers, my brothers, knowing that we will receive a stricter judgment ... All I`m saying is that I see that they might be converting people to accept Jesus as their saviour, but so has Bennie Hinn and so did Jerry Falwell and Jim Bakker.

Before you criticise someone for their interpretations of the Bible, remember this" let he who is without sin cast the first stone" Amen

As for casting the first stone? That piece of scripture is taken out of context way too often. First off the Interpretation is very important. Especially if it is teaching people to disobey the very commands of God.

John 8:2-6 At dawn he appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them. [SUP]3 [/SUP]The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group[SUP]4 [/SUP]and said to Jesus, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. [SUP]5 [/SUP]In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?”[SUP]6 [/SUP]They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him. But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger.

The first part of the 6th verse is very important. You need to understand Torah Law. The Law requires both of the individuals accused of Adultery to be stoned. Not just the female. Their trap was to get him to declare that she should be stoned, when in reality the accused man was needed for this to be done.

Leviticus Chapter 20:10 “‘If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife—with the wife of his neighbor—both the adulterer and the adulteress are to be put to death`
Not only was Jesus not falling for their trap, he turned it back on them by telling them to cast the first stone. How is this turning it back on them?
Deuteronomy 17:6-7 states On the testimony of two or three witnesses a person is to be put to death, but no one is to be put to death on the testimony of only one witness.[SUP]7 [/SUP]The hands of the witnesses must be the first in putting that person to death, and then the hands of all the people. You must purge the evil from among you.

Where were the two witnesses? These were to be the first to cast the stones. If they were there, they knew they would have had to have the accused man there to stone as well otherwise it would be them sinning and not Jesus. They wanted him to break the Law so they had something to accuse him with, but he stayed faithful to the word of God. However today many say that he in fact did break the Law by not stoning her. Little do most know that this interpretation gratifies the Pharisee's desires making him a Law breaker.

God Bless

Last edited:

Ray

Reaction score
" I'm just glad Gods not alive to see this." Homer Simpson

Brads70

Reaction score
I watched it on TV , thought it was really well done. Is Billy Graham perfect.... nope. He is a mere mortal like the rest of us. But he has done more for eternity than I have or likely ever will and I feel it's not my place to judge or criticize him.
Plymouth71 I agree will you for the most part about the current state of
" the Church" I'd bet we have more in common than not. There WILL be a day of reckoning and it won't be pretty....

Aussie Challenger

Reaction score
I watched it on TV , thought it was really well done. Is Billy Graham perfect.... nope. He is a mere mortal like the rest of us. But he has done more for eternity than I have or likely ever will and I feel it's not my place to judge or criticize him.
Plymouth71 I agree will you for the most part about the current state of
" the Church" I'd bet we have more in common than not. There WILL be a day of reckoning and it won't be pretty....

I haven't watched it yet, have tried many times to get a link that didn't go else where. I f any one has a link that works could they post it please, thank you.

Aussie

Back