• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Blast from the past

moparman31

Reaction score
Hello everyone....I am liquidating all my things Mopar and more and I came across a picture I think will cause some interest.

In 1991 I was the organizer of the Kowalski Klassic Kruse inspired by you guessed it Vanishing Point. As I live in Denver and have watched the movie and traveled the same routes for years that Kowalski did.

So our cruise started in the Denargo Market area of downtown (which has been destroyed and rebuilt with housing). Denargo Market was where everything especially fresh food came into be wholesaled.

Kowalski went up the bridge on 19th St (now gone) and you can see the iron work as he speeds by.

We followed the route through the east side of Denver down Colfax and turned south on Colorado Boulevard. From there he got on the Valley Highway (now I-25) to the new I-70 and the cruise ended at Genessee Park where in the movie Kowalski causes 2 motorcycle cops to crash into barriers at the end of I-70.

A local reporter Bob Palmer had a bit part in the movie and as the organizer I asked him to join us as the star of our event. He declined to join the cruise but he gave me this gem from the World Premier of the movie.

Enjoy!

Vanishing Point World Premier 1971.jpg

budascuda

Reaction score
Hey moparman, cool picture, thanks for sharing.
I am delighted to see there are things out there about the movie that are not commonly known but still surface.
Judging by the lineup in the front of the theater, it must have been a popular movie at the time! Lol

Back