• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Blue/Green Console Bulb 'Cover'?

Sixpaksteve

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I did a search on the site for this question first and didn't see anything so maybe someone can help me out.... Has anyone found a source for the blue/green plastic bulb 'cover/ housing' that the center console light bulb lights up at night? This would be the plastic 'cover' that is inside of the Automatic Slap Stick assembly on a 1970 Cuda.

I've attached 2 photos of what I'm looking for, and you can see where the plastic broke off on the ear that was riveted internally to the housing. So this part was rolling around inside of the housing for years and I just now drilled the pop rivets in order to access it.

Thanks!

Steve

IMG_1240.JPG

IMG_1239.JPG

Sixpaksteve

Reaction score
Thought I'd post an update...... I found these 'bulb domes' at Summit http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sdk-c4vy10b870b4 They look very, very similar to my original part but since they're marketed for the Ford crowd I'm not sure of the dimensions, especially the bottom diameter. A little bigger diameter would be OK, but a little smaller than my original part might be a problem. So I wrote Summit and asked if they could tell me what the diameter is. Waiting to hear back from them now......

Bulb cover.jpg

Back