• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Borgeson power steering unite

Katfish

Reaction score
Column is designed to collaspe, so it wouldn't bother me to knock it back some

Rons340

Reaction score
I used the joint that Borgeson offers part number: #036425 - $143.33 from Borgeson. You can also buy them on eBay for around $129.
Absolutely the best way to go!

Rons340

Reaction score
There is a difference in the shaft length, even the OEM power steering shaft. You just simply cut off to length needed and the joint from borgeson is a direct fit. Easy modification!

Rons340

Reaction score
Thanks.... thats a clean solution...
I used the coupler supplied by Borgeso, part number #036425, and it worked perfect. I had to measure the shaft length and cut it off. The coupler slid right over the shaft and secures with the set screws, no problem.
IMG_2350.jpeg

Xcudame

Reaction score
I think this is the best way to go. Peter Bergman makes the special adapter that goes to the Borgeson steering box and the stock mopar steering shaft. No cutting or welding. Total bolt in and doesn't mess up the factory collapsing column.

BillJ

Reaction score
I think this is the best way to go. Peter Bergman makes the special adapter that goes to the Borgeson steering box and the stock mopar steering shaft. No cutting or welding. Total bolt in and doesn't mess up the factory collapsing column.
[/URL]
Yes, wasted over $100 on it....I told him it didn't work and he told me to hammer the shaft in...... Am I missing something here?????? I wish it would work.

SteeringCoupler.jpg

Xcudame

Reaction score
So you bought the adapter from Peter Bergman and it didn't fit the Borgeson splines? I just got the complete setup I supplied the link to above and everything fit perfectly. I suppose with tolerances, some could be tighter than others.

BillJ

Reaction score
Thank you I will take a look.... I'm sorting through a bunch of different threads here... but if it is collapsible for safety is this really a good idea? Someone mentioned that this breaks some pins in the column. Is it not true?

Katfish

Reaction score
Pins were to keep the lower shaft from falling out during assembly at factory.
Once assembled the shaft has no where to go but up, if the car was hit hard enough to push the front end in.
Think of a straw slipped inside another straw, it can't be pulled out, only pushed further together.

Longer discussion here:

Steering Column shear pins sheared - options?

Last edited:

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Here is the column broke down. The manual and power steering splines are of different sizes. Not that matters here just want to mention it. Whit federal mandates seat belt, head rest, collapsible column and others were implemented .

20200521_131259.jpg

Last edited:

BillJ

Reaction score
Thanks to all for the help. The pictures of the shaft were what really made it clear and help me see how knocking the shaft in would not cause a problem.

Back