• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Bumper guard fillers

Dutch 165

Reaction score
Does anybody know where I can buy bumper guard fillers for a 71 Cuda. The ones I purchased have some cut marks on the sides where the excess flashing was removed. I don't remember how much of the filler shows next to the rear valance. Was told that they are all made at the same place regardless of where they are purchased from.
IMG_20180920_183820.jpg

Dutch 165

Reaction score
My 71 didn't have those and I have never seen those before. Where do they go?
The fillers stretch to bottom bolt chrome bumper guard. I have one factory part in great shape except a little fc7 overspray. The fillers that is attached to the guard is in great shape, it's kind brother next door to don't look as good.looks like something may have got not on the side.
My 71 didn't have those and I have never seen those before. Where do they go?

IMG_20180920_224009.jpg

IMG_20180920_223952.jpg

IMG_20180920_224042.jpg

Dutch 165

Reaction score
If any one has a good filler to replace the one the that had heat problem, let me know. the original parts always fit and look better.

Last edited:

rklein71

Reaction score
Ok, I have a pair of those for my car, not for sale. The first picture looks different.

moparleo

Reaction score
You can use a hair dryer or heat gun to remove scratches. Don't over heat and the surface will smooth out when heated to just above the melt point. This process is used on modern external plastics to restore the black color and surface texture by detail shops.

Dutch 165

Reaction score
I need to upgrade my wife's old hair dryer and buy a decent heat gun. I would have a better chance trying to repair the filler that looks like it got to close to something really hot. I removed the rear bumper a few years ago and don't remember it looking so bad. Thanks for the heat gun fix, I would guess you have to be pretty care full and keep an eye on the surface or you end up having a totaled out part.

Dutch 165

Reaction score
After doing a little research it appears that the bumper guard filler barely shows where enters into the rear valance panel. The ones I purchased will work just fine.
3333_19e41206e1_low_res.jpg
3319_7bb765223c_low_res.jpg

Back