• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Caltracs shock options?

Stockcar axeman

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am waiting for my HDK k-member setup to show up and I was wondering what shocks everyone is running on their 1/4 mile cars? I was thinking about going with Afco double adjustable but looking for others experience before I buy the shocks. I've been reading other threads but most are older so I wanted to see if anything has changed that I might have missed. Thanks for any info. Car is a 73 Challenger with a 572 Hemi 750hp/727 TF with a mini tub job and 3.7 gears.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I agree that a good quality double adjustable shock is needed .
AFco , QA1 etc

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
My Challenger is also mini tubbed with a 528 Hemi on 2 kits and Caltracs. I have double adjustable front shocks and still single adjustable rear shocks with no hooking issues. May get upgraded to Double adjustable rears soon.

Tig

Reaction score
Hmm....if I totalled up what I have spent on other shocks over the years, I'm going to guess I would have saved money if I'd just gone for the ones I've got now. I've had, C/E 3 ways, Calverts. More recently, Koni's, Afco, Menscer re-valved Afco's and now Santhuffs. The Santhuffs are the best shock by far. This is on the front, I have Menscer valved Afco's on the rear. Get the best D/A shock you can afford so you won't have to change out again down the road.

Back