• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Challenger door panel install?

440forPOWER

Reaction score
Hello, dumb question. When I took my Challenger door panel off. It didn't have the 3 top clips. So how do these go? Do they hang on the top of the door lip? Tuck under it? Nothing I try looks right. I'm sure it's super simple. But I can't get it to look right. Thanks in advance.

pschlosser

Reaction score
From memory, the top of the inner door panel hangs along the top lip of the door sheet metal and the other three sides snap into place. I seem to recall having to apply downward force along the top, in order for the clips (when present) to grab onto the sheet metal. There may even be scratches in the paint along this lip, to give you an idea of clip orientation and placement.

Last edited:

EW1BH27

Reaction score
I only ever used to use one of them on my car. These days I don't even put them on.

DrPnlClip3.JPG

440forPOWER

Reaction score
So do those above clips snap down onto the sheet metal? Or just hang somehow? Thanks

terrywalker

Reaction score
I believe those clips put some pressure on the door sheet metal between the clip and the plastic straight edge shown behind it to keep the panel from being loose at the top and vibrating or moving when the window rolls up and down. The top of the panel slips down over the inner sheet metal of the door.
Terry W.

pschlosser

Reaction score
And I'm sorry for being a bit fuzzy, and I'm re-remembering (is that a word?) having to apply downward pressure along the top of the inner door panel in order for the push clips on the door panel to align with the holes in the sheet metal door.

Back