• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Challenger exhaust tips

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
So the tip question is on to page 2. this getting exhausting. theirs are ss. exhaust direct.

20200401_163816.jpg

340challconvert

Reaction score
Not to belabor the point; Description from the Dodge Dealer ad;
"The original exhaust tips were manufactured in mild steel and chrome plated, a design that did not fare well against the elements and most original exhaust tips deteriorated away after just a few years"
These exhaust tips are manufactured in high-luster, never-rust 304 stainless steel and with all proper contours to correctly replace the original and offer an authentic appearance.

You will need to find NOS tips! Good luck with your search.

Last edited:

340challconvert

Reaction score
Now I wish I would have bought the display cases when I had the chance. I have a couple of NOS parts.I need a bigger one for the T/A fenders.
I was lucky; picked up a few NOS parts back in the late 70's, early 80's. Bought a pair of NOS 624-625 fenders laying in the back of a dealership, head light bezels, and a set of exhaust tips dated 1983 to name a few items, Chrysler at the time had a hot line you could call and do a parts numbers search for what was laying around dealerships nationally; just as many parts were going NS1, Picked up a few good things. Just sheer luck!

Last edited:

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
If someone has and can afford a # million Hemi convertible CUDA or Challenger. What are the tips worth? They don't CARE! Or know better!

volunteer

Reaction score
I totally agree. One thing we can still do today - in spite of high costs of insurance and fuel - is drive these early gen. E - bodies. Tips need to look good and last long. Last time I purchased an OEM pair was 40 years ago - at my local Plymouth dealership. Cost? $55. (CDN) (sigh)

budascuda

Reaction score
"Concours d'Elegance,How many points would you loose?"

Often enough, people spend 1000 just so they won't go home a looser.!
That_the_ticket

Back