• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Challenger Ralley Hood underside pad???

jt4406

Reaction score
Anyone know if the commercially available molded hood pads will fit over a 440 six pack with stock oval air cleaner in a 70 challenger with the ralley hood?

Jess

challenger6pak

Reaction score
The pads I have seen do. I would ask the vendor that you are getting it from. Find out if they guarentee the fit. That way you can send it back it if does not fit.

MarksMopar1

Reaction score
I am curious,,,, 70 Challenger R/T with 440 4BBL, would it or could it have had a under hood pad factory installed? Not sure if I have ever seen one with the pad.

MarksMopar1

Reaction score
Nice! I dont see many R/T's with the hood pad and was curious if the R/T had these installed from the factory?

RBcoolB

Reaction score
the hood pad was part of the sound deadening package so if it had factory undercoating it would get a hood pad, at lest that's the info I have found

Jimmyspeed59

Reaction score
10FAD1C7-6D2D-4B6F-8B3A-367EC557AFC8.jpeg
That’s correct about the sound deadening package mine had the factory undercoating and hood pad. Of course I swapped out my 318 for a 440 six pack but kept the pad.

jt4406

Reaction score
View attachment 53944 That’s correct about the sound deadening package mine had the factory undercoating and hood pad. Of course I swapped out my 318 for a 440 six pack but kept the pad.
Cool, exactly what I hoped to see. Does the pad rub the air cleaner? If so is it enough to cause damage to either? I really want one like this on my car. What brand/supplier has it available? thanks, jess

Jimmyspeed59

Reaction score
It barely touches but I haven’t noticed anything bad happening on my air cleaner lid. Don’t know the brand I bought it off eBay. But it was the more expensive preformed insulation cost about 100 bucks

69bfan

FEBO Vendor
FEBO Vendor
Reaction score
The most correct molded pads are of the REM brand. A variety of vendors sell the REM product line, so you will have to find the best bargain as shipping really is a major cost with these units. Secondly, all of the reproduction metal clips do not fit as well as the originals, so if possible try to locate good used clips.

Back