• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Charcoal canister on 73 challenger 340

HYDRO

Reaction score
Maybe someone can help me, I’m currently rebuilding my 73 challenger 340 and discovered my charcoal canister is shot was wandering if I could just cap off the vacuum ports and let the gas tank vent line vent to atmosphere any help would be appreciated

1972 AAR Cuda

Reaction score
I had a 72 Cuda 340 (Calif emission standards) with the charcoal canister and I pulled the canister and vented the tank at the metal vent line (in the engine compartment) to the atmosphere with no issues.
That was many years ago. I put many miles on it and never had any issues...

sixpactogo

Reaction score
If you change your mind and want to replace it, I have had for for sale on here for a couple years. I would ship it to you for $50 bucks.
To see the ad, go to search and type in "E body charcoal canister"

1972 AAR Cuda

Reaction score
Thanks guys was hoping that would do it that will save me a some money so do I also just plug the bowl vent at the carb or leave open
The carb fuel bowl vent would be left open, any vacuum port would be plugged (or hooked up to the vacuum required line)

moparmike1974

Reaction score
What is wrong with your canister? You can rebuild them. Get some activated charcoal from the pet store (used for aquariums). You will also need a piece of filter material.

Back