• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Coil Over Rear Suspension

Reaction score
What rear suspension would you recommend for a pro street/road race set up on a 1970 Coda keeping a Dana 60 and mini tub for wide tires? The front has a Gerst k member and a gen 2 Hemi with a 4 speed.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Well I would use composite leaf springs & dual adjustable shocks , simple & light

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Ok Why ?
Control arms , mounts/ re-inforcement & panhard bar will add weight I doubt it will help handling .
Anyway your call

Last edited:

DrEamer

Reaction score
Street-Lynx is the one I here the most about, but have no personal experience with them.

BergmanAutoCraft

FEBO Vendor
FEBO Vendor
Reaction score
I'd go with a gen X Detroit Speed System. This is a modernized parallel 4 link with a panhard bar that has been a proven piece. Very heavy duty construction. I'm a vendor here and a dealer for DSE so feel free to ask questions. I'm not a fan of the triangulated 4 link. That was a compromise setup used by GM for many years. The parallel 4 link goes back to at least the 60s in Aston Martin DB series cars (James Bond) and is noted for excellent handling characteristics. We also used to make a 3 link at XV years ago that is also excellent. One thing that is critical with these suspensions is articulation. The triangulated units rely on heim joints to do this which I'm not a fan of on a street car. DSE uses a patented twisting link and high durometer rubber bushings that offer the articulation and NVH control.
Just my .02...

Back