• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Consol door repair

sfort

Reaction score
Hey guy's and gal's I am a new member Good to meet ya'll. Just purchased a 73 Challenger project car. Has anyone come up with a repair to reattach or replace the three plastic studs between the two halves of the consol door?

moparleo

Reaction score
I never found a repair that worked for long. There are new production doors that look 100 % correct on the outside with minor differences on the inside available from Tony's Parts @ tonysparts.com .

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I've done it several times and had good luck with it. If the stud was missing I used a piece of wood in it's place. I have glued the broken studs and the wood pieces on with the same epoxy that is used to glue sheet metal together. It will never come loose again. You can still run your screws into the wood to hold the hinge on. More ideal would be a metal block that was tapped to hold the screws. This is how I am going to do the next one. My buddy is a machinist. He will make one up for me. The easiest way is to get a new lid as Leo suggested. Most that I have repaired were color lids. The owners did not want to have black lids that were dyed a color.

Back