• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Courtesy bulbs...

Oystercopy

Reaction score
Hey guys.. I just installed a new Rear Wiring Harness, from Year One, yesterday. Unbelievable how long it took, because when the car was restored, they obviously didn't do things right. However, I discovered that I can now have courtesy lights (which I think were only offered on the convertibles) that are down near the floor, behind the driver and passenger seats. I was so excited to have some extra lighting because the verts have no overhead dome lamp.

However, we put some bulbs in those sockets and had the door open for a while, and inside of an hour, they both burned out. I take it the wattage matters in these things because they were both new bulbs, but I suspect, probably the wrong type.

Does anyone know the Sylvania (or OEM?) part number for those little bulbs? The ones I initially used were longer (oblong) but I think that application might take a mini, small round bulb. I don't have access to a parts manual or I would look it up.

Thanks in advance!
OC

Rapidfire

Reaction score
When you find the right part number for the correct bulb, I would cross reference to an Led replacement. They don't get hot and are brighter. (Uses less wattage)

EW1BH27

Reaction score
From my OEM Operator's Manual

Pocket Panel Lamp.........#90
Map & Courtesy Lamp....#89

moparroy

Reaction score
If you go LED look for one that is a non-polarity bulb. I found a couple of the bulb sockets - including my map/courtesy lamp were reverse polarity from the normal - ie they were -ve on the centre terminal and +ve on the outer barrel. Some LEDs are polarity sensitive (it is a diode afterall) but some have circuitry to adapt to either polarity

Back