• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Cuda Interior Door Pull / Armrest Question

Newell33

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I'm putting together the door panels on my '72 'Cuda. Based on the style of window felt needed, I believe the previous owner installed '70 doors. As shown below, near the door pull area there appears to be a bracket missing. Can anyone tell me exactly what's missing, and how this area is supposed to go together?

Thanks in advance for the help!

IMG_1487_zpsd53elvba.jpg

Reaction score
image.jpeg
If my memory is correct the arm rest attaches to the door panel. There is an metal insert that two screws go thru into a metal bracket that mounts to the door The door lock button is the last thing to go on after the door panel is installed. From my picture of my 70 door panel the screws go almost straight down, thru the metal insert then into the metal bracket you are missing. Sorry I don't have a bare door picture to show the missing bracket. You may be missing the insert piece as well Good luck Ken

/sixchall

Reaction score
You know what Newell, I looked at you pic and thought somethings missing. I have a '70 Challenger, now my door panels have a metal door pull cup, held in by 2 screws that go down into the bottom. It's right behind the arm rest. I believe this is what your missing, I can see the 2 screw holes in your pic.
Thanks, Al

Newell33

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I was having a hard time finding a photo of the inside of the handle. If anyone has any extra brackets and inserts feel free to message me.

Thanks again!

terrywalker

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I'm putting together the door panels on my '72 'Cuda. Based on the style of window felt needed, I believe the previous owner installed '70 doors. As shown below, near the door pull area there appears to be a bracket missing. Can anyone tell me exactly what's missing, and how this area is supposed to go together?

Thanks in advance for the help!

IMG_1487_zpsd53elvba.jpg

terrywalker

Reaction score
here's what you need. One pic shows installed on panel, the other individual pieces.

20170519_142523 (Medium).jpg

20170519_142606 (Medium).jpg

Back