• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

'Cuda rolled fenders

Mopar426power

Reaction score
I understand hemicudas had the fenders rolled for the wider F60 tires. Does anyone have information what specifically was was done / pics?

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
Factory rolled the lip like below. It is a crude process of leverage and pressure. Many people run the F60x15 PolyGlas GT tires with no clearance issues at the fender lip.

e-body HEMI Cuda rolled fender.jpg
e-body HEMI Cuda rolled fender 2.png

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Crude or not, they are all done the same way and similar lengths.
I've not seen a different variation aside from the ones that non factory owners did to their fenders.
NOS pics included.

Hemi fender 1.jpg

hemi fender 2.jpg

hemi fender 3.jpg

hemi fender 4.jpg

hemi fender 5.jpg

hemi fender 6.jpg

hemi fender 7.jpg

hemi fender 8.jpg

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
And some more originals with paint.

I'm not sure about the validity of the rolled wheel well trim but it was supposed to have been a factory made piece. ?

Would love for someone to prove me wrong. Or to see a different version of the wheel well trim with F60's.

Rolled wheelwell trim.JPG

rolled Original Paint Hemi Fender ek2.jpg

Rolled  restored GW3 71 Cuda.jpg

Rolled Original Paint AAR ff4.jpg

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
I have been looking to purchase a set of rolled fenders that are original paint AAR fenders for years.
Lost the trail on a few sets.
Anyone happen to know of an original paint aar rolled fender I can buy?

pschlosser

Reaction score
I've seen more than one enthusiast roll their own.

As the urban legend goes, the method used by the factory to roll the fenders was crude, using a 3-foot long pipe, 2-inches in diameter. With the fender and tires mounted, one leveraged the pipe at the top of the wheel well, and pressing downward, the wheel is then rolled forward and back to create the fold.

I'm aware of at least two restorations, where the "standard" fender lips were rolled by the owner for some sense of authenticity.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
If you look closely at the rolled parts of the factory fenders you can see there is a crease half way in the rolled part. There was a tool that was used to role these fenders.
Everyone I have gotten photos of and the one fender I have put my hands on had that little crease in the middle of the rolled part. That was not created by a pipe against a tire.
The factory had a machine and specifications as to where the role started and stopped. The original paint fenders all stop and start within around a half of an inch of each other.

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
The NOS part number 3579378 fender earlier in this thread is for 1970 Cuda fenders with F60x15 tires.

70-71 Fenders_Parts Manual_Numbers (2).jpg

E-Body Interchange Fender Numbers.jpg

Back