• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Mickey Thompson Sportsman 28x10R15 on 15x10 Centerline wheels

2Sharp2

Reaction score
I was worried when compared side by side the new MT’s was about a 1/2 inch shorter than the old Goodyear L60x15 Polyglass GT’s which was good but the tread width was about 1inch more. The fender lips have been rolled since 1980…thank goodness. There is clearance but only about quarter inch. Left it jacked up thinking about taking them off and tweaking the top center of wheel well. I know you can’t tell much with it up in the air. I did take two pics anyway. Stand by for more. It does fill up the wheel well!
IMG_1568.jpeg
IMG_1567.jpeg

2Sharp2

Reaction score
Maybe? I’ve been running these 10 inch wide wheels for a long time so I don’t think I’ll change them now.

heminut

Reaction score
I have some 8.5" Centerlines I would part with. They have 10" wrinkle wall slicks on them right now.

2Sharp2

Reaction score
I’m no expert but I think a 8” or 8.5” wheel would only ballon the sidewall. Not make the actual tread width narrower.

heminut even if your Centerline’s were free shipping from New Mexico to Tennessee would be a little costly. Do you have them for sale in the classifieds?

Dodgeboy

Reaction score
What's your backspacing on those 15x10 and how close are the tire sidewalls to the leafspring (at the back of the tire)? Also what size tires are your fronts?
I'm thinking (eventually) I will have to go down to a 10" wide rim & a 28" tall tire, currently got a 12" wide rim & 29" tall tire (spare/back up rear tires are 31's). Trying to get ready to mini tub it but not sure how far/much I want to go

2Sharp2

Reaction score
I don’t remember What the backspacing is on my 15x10. I bought them back around 1978. However I‘m going to have to take them off again to try and get a little more clearance on the rolled fender lip. I’ve not measured for leaf spring clearance but I don’t think the tires are close. I’ll try to remember to measure that. Not sure if you can see from this pick.
IMG_1568.jpeg
IMG_1565.jpeg

The M/T fronts are 26x6.00R15LT.

Back