• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

cuda shaker hood

wayne970

Reaction score
MY problem is i have a 70 cuda with small block and a/c I want to put on a shaker hood. Does anybody know where i can a shaker that attaches to the hood and not the carb. Or is there a way i can relocate the ac compressor so a regular shaker would work

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I have installed a Sanden compressor on a big block & it fit just fine under a 6 pack air cleaner which should be the same height as the shaker base I believe .
I have never done a Sanden rotary compressor on a small block under a shaker though .

Ralph

Reaction score
My shaker went on my 73 cuda 340 without an issue, can send you a few photos for your use. Used an sanden compressor like Chryco Psycho said. shaker kit from Ben.

Ralph

Reaction score
Here you go !

Attachments

• DSCN9324.JPG
    DSCN9324.JPG
    901 KB · Views: 221
  • DSCN9325.JPG
    DSCN9325.JPG
    947.4 KB · Views: 216
  • 73cuda for ebodies.jpg
    73cuda for ebodies.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 211

tonysrt

Reaction score
I tried to contact Ben at shakerhood, I called and left a message and emailed and never received an answer. I knew he had passed away but I thought Family was going to continue the business. I ordered from tommychryco and got everything. Since he's in Canada there was an $78 Foreign transaction fee which I never expected. So be prepared for an extra fee. I don't know if there is anyway around that.

1972CudaV21

Reaction score
I tried to contact Ben at shakerhood, I called and left a message and emailed and never received an answer. I knew he had passed away but I thought Family was going to continue the business. I ordered from tommychryco and got everything. Since he's in Canada there was an $78 Foreign transaction fee which I never expected. So be prepared for an extra fee. I don't know if there is anyway around that.
I believe they’re on eBay..

tonysrt

Reaction score
On their website it seemed like I could order the setup, but before I spend $2500 I want to make sure that carb spacing would be correct. That is why I called and left a message but no return call to me. I plan on using the edelbrock speed pro 4 set up and that is why I needed an answer. When I spoke to Tommy I told him what I had and he confirmed I had the correct spacing for the shaker setup. By the way it's going on a gen 2 hemi with the 2 throttle bodies and I had to make sure of the fit.

kudakoda

Reaction score
MY problem is i have a 70 cuda with small block and a/c I want to put on a shaker hood. Does anybody know where i can a shaker that attaches to the hood and not the carb. Or is there a way i can relocate the ac compressor so a regular shaker would work
I have a SB '70 cuda with a shaker hood and the Sanden compressor and fits fine. If memory serves me correct I purchased the mounting brackets from Bouchillon Performance Engineering.

Back