• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

cuda vin tag?

national

Reaction score
Anyone ever run into a barracuda/cuda with missing vin tag & options tag? With dash changes a vin tag was lost..title matches radiator core support & stuff but still no vin tag..would make it very hard to resell later after restored wouldnt it? I think the state will come out & pop one on but would be in door jamb then..again hurt value..any ideas?

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
happens all the time . no way to prove much about the car after that , some states issue a new vin but nothing like the original VIN , Yes it will hurt the value .

national

Reaction score
Why in the heck did mopar put something as important as a vin# & put it on a removable dashboard??? Im sure it does happen all the time..thing is I wonder what the original owner did with both tags? prob on another car now

roadrunnerman

Reaction score
if the title matches the radiator support,the state might run a check and see if that vin is still active.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
If you have the title you can decern the original engine size and if the car was a Cuda, Grand Coupe, Etc. from the VIN number.

B

Benji

I have heard that a new factory style VIN tag that looks EXACTLY like an original can be made IF you have the title and perhaps some additional paperwork or rubbings. I've also heard it isn't cheap. Check with www.datatags.com

Benji

Ray

Reaction score
I have heard that a new factory style VIN tag that looks EXACTLY like an original can be made IF you have the title and perhaps some additional paperwork or rubbings. I've also heard it isn't cheap. Check with www.datatags.com

Benji

No that's for body not vin.

B

Benji

No that's for body not vin.

I know for a fact that someone makes them because I have seen several of them and I have been told it is datatags.com that will do them but they require lots of proper documentation. As their website says "Real cars only need apply. We will not help with hallucinations or dreams."

Benji

Ray

Reaction score
I know for a fact that someone makes them because I have seen several of them and I have been told it is datatags.com that will do them but they require lots of proper documentation. As their website says "Real cars only need apply. We will not help with hallucinations or dreams."

Benji

Not the vin tag. Just the build tag.

B

Benji

That was the question the OP asked and the answer legally,no one except the state the car is registered to.

I will call our local Mopar guru tomorrow and ask him where he had his reproduced and then post the info. He told me once who does them but I didn't take note since I wasn't all that interested at the time.

Benji

B

Benji

I will call our local Mopar guru tomorrow and ask him where he had his reproduced and then post the info. He told me once who does them but I didn't take note since I wasn't all that interested at the time.

Benji

Well I saw him at the Nats. At first he said absolutely no one can or will do it as it is illegal.
Then I said I know SOMEONE does it as I have seen them before. He then said he knows of
someone who "may" do it, but putting this information out on the 'net could get him in big trouble.

So you are right, no one does it.

Benji

Back