• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Dash pad

cudablue

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I have a 71 Cuda. The current dash is w/o A/C.
I would like some recommendations.I need to buy a new one or rebuild my current one.
I am installing Nostalgic Air. I would like to change to an A/C Dash pad.
I would need to buy the vents.

If I send it out to have it redone would they take my non A/C dash pad as a core?
How good is the ABS core? (e.g. Yearone) If decide to keep my old dash pad.

Thanks,
rick

burdar

Reaction score
I sent my pad out to Ulitimate Rides. I didn't go dirrectly through them though. I went through Dave at Rosevillemoparts.com

I think this is the best pad available at the current time. Just be aware that the grain pattern isn't even close to being correct and you will have to do some trimming of the foam and vinyl when you get it back.

You can use your non A/C pad as a core. I would not use an ABS core....use a metal one.

71droptop

Reaction score
Recently spoke with andrew @ Just Dashes. They have correct grain. They will vacuum form new CORRECT vinyl over your frame. $900. Has anyone else found an exact repo for less.

wadeevit

Reaction score
Dash

JustDashes is a great source because they do have the correct grains and they do great work. If you have or want a different color they can also dye your dash and if you want to do it yourself, they offer a paint kit that is factory correct. I would definately use them!

burdar

Reaction score
Both UR and Just Dashes get mixed reviews. UR is much cheaper if that is a concern. I just put my dash in last night to test fit it before assembling the entire thing. There are a few issues...hopefully I can come up with a solution.

burntorange70

Reaction score
JustDashes is a great source because they do have the correct grains and they do great work. If you have or want a different color they can also dye your dash and if you want to do it yourself, they offer a paint kit that is factory correct. I would definately use them!

Never again will I give them tools my money. Over priced condecending douche bags.

There work is not that great either.

cudablue

Reaction score
I went with Dash Specialties in OR. They are shipping this week. I'll keep everyone posted.
thanks for the feedback...

Brads70

Reaction score
I'm just finishing up installing mine now. I got it from Dave at Roseville!:icon_super: Everything fit great with no trimming so far just having issues with the speaker grill. It have foam under it and I noticed the stock one didn't so I'll have to trim it out.

outlawcrew

Reaction score
There is also dash restorations in Washington .I was going to get mine through them but tried ultimate rides insted .when dash arrived it had a cut on the dash pad and trimming was required .they did replace it .but it felt like pulling teeth with them .also it took 6 weeks for them to give me credit for my core .well whatever you choose good luck .maybe i will catch up with you in canton at the show 1970 gran coupe, its almost ready .

73 Gone Loco

Reaction score
I've been reading your guy's post about dash pads, and I am also in the market to buy a "new" or "recondition" dash pad. I've looked at just about all the options on the internet for a dash pad and it looks as though they are between $600-$1,000. My question is....what company should I go with and which offers a "good" dash pad for the money? I've been looking into "CLASSIC INDUSTRIES" dash pads and was wondering if anyone has used there dash pads or have seen them in person? And are the worth the money? Any info would be great and thanks for your help.

TinCuda

Reaction score
I've been reading your guy's post about dash pads, and I am also in the market to buy a "new" or "recondition" dash pad. I've looked at just about all the options on the internet for a dash pad and it looks as though they are between $600-$1,000. My question is....what company should I go with and which offers a "good" dash pad for the money? I've been looking into "CLASSIC INDUSTRIES" dash pads and was wondering if anyone has used there dash pads or have seen them in person? And are the worth the money? Any info would be great and thanks for your help.

I have nothing against Classic Industries or Year One. I have bought many things from them and I have never had any complaints. You just have to do the research to know what you are buying. Both of those companies sell the plastic core dashes. They would probably be ok if you where not all that picky about your interior.

I bought mine from Dave at Roseville mopar and it looks great. It has an original steal core. I have not installed mine yet so I can not speak to the fit.

2011-12-01 14_22_50.jpg

!DashClose.jpg

Last edited:

73 Gone Loco

Reaction score
dash pads

Thanks for the pics, it looks great. Could you give me the web site to get ahold of Dave at Roseville? What dose he charge for a dash pad and is there a core charge? Thanks for your help.

TinCuda

Reaction score
rosevillemoparts.com

That should get you close. He charges a core. He charges $880.00 for a dash pad. He then refunds something like $150-200 when you send him yours. I believe that he will also work with you if you want your actual/original dash pad back.

He was great for me. I would not have used him if I had heard anything bad. I have heard mixed reviews about some of the dash rebuilders that he sends them to and the ones he does not use. If you go through Dave at Roseville, he personally inspects the pads and if they are not up to snuff, he makes it right for you. All this for the same money that the pad rebuilders would charge if you went through them directly. Kind of a no hassle middle-man.

Good luck to you which ever way you go.

burdar

Reaction score
Dave goes through Ultimate rides. The pads are not perfect and will take a little work on your part to get them looking good. That being said, they are probably the best bang for your buck.

They will come through with extra foam that needs to be cut out. Your center speaker grill probably won't fit without trimming some of the foam/vinyl out from the opening. The light bar above the gauges won't fit without trimming some foam out in that area too. Both of those issue are very easy to fix. Just take detailed pics of your original pad for reference later.

My left and right lower dash trim didn't fit the pad either. I got the left trim to fit by trimming some foam. The right trim was a different story. I ended up having to heat the trim with a heat gun and mould it to match the contour of the pad. It's still not perfect but it looks OK. The biggest issue I had with the pad was the fit of the right hand dash trim.

The grain and gloss of the vinyl they used isn't close to being what originally came on these cars but it doesn't look bad. It's just something you'll have to live with.

7-20-11006.jpg

P1010004-2.jpg

Back