• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Dimmer switch bypass

aa-1159

Reaction score
Can someone show me how to bypass dimmer switch from instrument light bar, can't keep lights working with dimmer, want to bypass it

Katfish

Reaction score
This is what I did, it was 20yrs ago, so no pics.
Take a look at the dimmer switch, you will see a wire wound spring around the ceramic part. This is the variable resistance, and it usually gets corroded.
I soldered a piece of wire to each end of the spring at the connectors, bypassing it and providing full voltage. The extra turn of the switch at the end of rotation that turns on the overhead light still functions as normal.

EW1BH27

Reaction score
Check out posting #13 too.

aa-1159

Reaction score
Can someone show me how to bypass dimmer switch from instrument light bar, can't keep lights working with dimmer, want to bypass it
I figured out how to bypass it,
brand new dimmer bad, it would turn the dash lights on when you turn it to dome light

U_Cuda

Reaction score
Is it from Classic Industries?
(I would NEVER buy electrical Anyghing from them personally)
IF Year One doesn't have one, there IS a Guy on E BAY. I trust his REBUILT switches 110%. He goes by "devinism".. Guess I didnt ask if it were DASH or floor dimmer. Ive never ByPassed one. Same with AMMETERS. <--That one, is not a good idea.
Best of luck!

Back