• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

DO NOT BUY Centerforce clutch's

raw

Reaction score
I bought a centerforce dual friction for my 440 4spd in dec. of 2012 and installed it that winter. Drove it that summer(2013) easy to break it in for 500 miles and noticed it slipping on the interstate when gassed and at stops. Slipped about all summer , never raced or hard launched just driving to and from car shows. Shipped it back this winter and it and the new flywheel were both burnt and it counterweights locked to one side. I had to pay for shipping and they told me everything tested OK and for a $100 more the would give me a refurbished one and I would have to pay shipping back also($80 extra). My HP and Torque are within their range so they said it was my rearend gear they guess. Horrible customer service ...Now I should have listen to other forums earlier and bought Mcleod clutch's. I went with the twin clutch RST. I told them customer service is everything to car hobbyist and told them word of mouth goes a long way. So please spread the word so it wont cost others a lot of money. Use other clutch manufacturers when shopping. Thanks for letting me vent...:angry4:

dancingsteven

Reaction score
do you have part numbers on these items since I'm building my 68 charger and 70 challenger with the same set up and I don't want the same problem I am running 391 posi gears to!

raw

Reaction score
Mine was the dual disc 10.5 " 130 fly 23 spline My motor makes 500+ HP and around 500 torq They said it was within their specs so they guess it was my gears 3:23 .I am going with Mcleod product ,a lot of good reviews from them.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I have been saying the same thing for years now , CF is Junk , lots of advertising but the product does not stand up , I have been using McLeod for years , no reason to use anything smaller than the 10.95" set up on any 130 tooth flywheel more surface area & added leverage over the 10.5" system

Racer57

Reaction score
Can't trust McLeod either. I had a B&B and the adjusting screws were not set properly at the factory and it slipped. They said they would fix it for free. But it would've cost me $80 in shipping so I went elsewhere.

Back