• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Donny's 1970 Challenger

Donny

Reaction score
Rarely do I ever spread body filler, but, today I pulled my Doors back out of storage to apply filler to the lower sections over the repairs rendered. Reason was I'm doing another 69 Camaro and I finished up widening the drivers side qtr panel IAW owners wishes. BTW there is not much 'room' for this widening operation on this car, but, I think it came out pretty good, all in all, almost 2 inched wider on each side and has a graceful arc along the radius of the beltline on the car. The filler was not really needed in my lane but I want to make a template for the other side based of this side and figured a nice smooth surface is best to render this.

IMG_5579.JPG

IMG_5620.JPG

IMG_E5619.JPG

Donny

Reaction score
It's been a LONG time since I was here populating my thread. For like the last 3 years I have done nothing to my car. The last month or two got back busy on it, cut off all the crappy metal, put it in my just made rotisserie for the E body car. I just blasted it, going to put it in primer later this week, and, will try to get back here and populate this thread more.

I also just bought a used 2012 Challenger R/T 6spd, Header Orange!

fasjac

Reaction score
Here's the Doors...Blasted, Epoxy primed, lower skin removed, re-blasted that lower inside area, re-epoxied inside areas, rust holes fixed, lower skin fixed, reskinned back on. Need to DA the areas again, and then re-epoxy where needed. This is the most complete way, love doing stuff this way!

View attachment 29505

View attachment 29506

View attachment 29507

View attachment 29508

View attachment 29509

View attachment 29510

View attachment 29511
That’s the right way to do it. Like it!

Back