• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Double flared brake fittings leak.

bullet18

Reaction score
I am so close to driving my challenger. The last thing i have to do is set up the brakes. Ive double flared all of the ends for the fittings and they still hiss like air is coming out when i press on the pedal and the pedal goes straight to the floor. Is there a trick to flare fittings that im missing? I tighten the flare tool 3/4 of a turn after it touches the end of the line, is that to much? Ive been looking online and everyone says not to over tighten the flare tool. Any help is appreciated.

Cudakiller70

Reaction score
Ive cranked down fairly hard for double flared fittings. Be sure to debur inside the tube. Some good Youtube videos out there.

bullet18

Reaction score
Ive cranked down fairly hard for double flared fittings. Be sure to debur inside the tube. Some good Youtube videos out there.
Thanks. I reflared and deburred the lones and i think theyre not leaking at the flare fittings anymore. They are however leaking at the banjo bolts. Im gonna try and track down some lock o seal washers yo use for them as they seem to work.

Cudakiller70

Reaction score
If you don’t already it’s worth it to get flare nut wrench’s. I started with a set and have added on a as needed basis

327041C5-ADF4-4AEB-8879-4E23AD8B7590.jpeg

bullet18

Reaction score
Ive got a 3/8ths one of those. I got the banjo bolts sealed and the brakes actually work now. Thanks for the help!

Back