• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Douchebag alert!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grady Cain

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ummm.....wow, really?! I like how they blocked out the sequence number part of the VIN. I guess they think that somehow makes it ok?!

68bigblock

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might as well say give me $2500 for the vin and I will throw the rest away for you.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
That is pretty brazen, considering he is a regular vendor that sells other auto parts. Couldn't that jeopardize his parts business as well as create other legal issues?
Dino2 (1).gif

Mopars & Missiles

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ummm.....wow, really?! I like how they blocked out the sequence number part of the VIN. I guess they think that somehow makes it ok?!

I think that is his way of keeping people like us from tracking this VIN once its been transferred to another body.

TC_Cuda

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that this look's like this person is selling a VIN tag. Why else would it be listed for such a high price for that crap dash.
Please forgive me if I am naïve on this subject. You couldn't register just a dash tag, without more supporting documents...could you??? Not in this State.

quapman

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must be missing what the big deal is. If you don't like it, don't buy it. What if you spent $16K on a Dynacorn body? It would need a VIN to get a title, right? You VIN police guys kind of crack me up.

68bigblock

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the problem is some one could put it on a 318 car and sell it to an unsuspecting buyer as a 440 car, its fine if the seller is up front about it but if he paid 2500 for a vin tag I would think he will try to get his money back

quapman

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, wouldn't the guy who uses the tag to commit fraud the douchebag and not the seller? Hey, if somebody's dumb enough to pay $2500 for a VIN tag, who is the real jackass?

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like it will need a new speaker .I would hate if my 70 Challenger or someone else's was stolen and a vin from another ended up on it.

Last edited:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
In my opinion if you build a car that didn't exist before with all new parts then you can go to the state and get a vin that didn't exist before. The guy selling this vin is an enabler looking for the person with bad intentions.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ebay doesn't allow the selling of a VIN tag without the car it goes to. They will probably take it down.

wannadrag29

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still not taken down, I expect Ebay is more likely interested in their commission than actually doing the right thing.

70chall440

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must be missing what the big deal is. If you don't like it, don't buy it. What if you spent $16K on a Dynacorn body? It would need a VIN to get a title, right? You VIN police guys kind of crack me up.

I agree! I've had this argument a number of times on a number for forums. The people who are the most upset are those who are afraid it is somehow going to affect the value of their car. If people paid what cars were actually worth instead of the artificial heightened price being drive up by the collectors, this probably would be an issue.

If someone had that VIN, bought a Dynacorn body and built a badass BB Ebody, it should be worth what it is worth not because of the tag. Before someone jumps in here, yes I know it is illegal to rebody in most if not all states (despite it being done for years by most manufacturers. A car should be worth what it is worth based on what it is, not what the VIN tag says.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back