• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Driver side mirror question

IA6Barrel

Reaction score
Just want to confirm - but this mirror was attached to driver side mirror in a box of parts. No cable assembly for the driver side remote mirror. But I don't see how it would attach. I'm a but new with this stuff, but to me, this is not the correct mirror for driver side remote? Am I right?

image.jpg

image.jpg

IA6Barrel

Reaction score
Correct. A person is restoring a 72. I'm trying to help with mirrors.

quapman

Reaction score
Passenger side, 71-4. The problem with trying to re-attach it is that you'd need to remove the glass to access the screw holes.

IA6Barrel

Reaction score
Hmm, I felt pretty certain these are e body mirrors and thought they may have come off a 72. I just think the mirror itself is a non remote and would go on passenger side mirror.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Grady Cain

Reaction score
That is definitely not for your car...

Sorry, this statement wasn't clear as I didn't directly answer your question. You asked, "is it the correct mirror for the driver's side remote" to which my reply should have been, "No, not for left side remote."

It does appear to be a 1972-74 E-body non-remote mirror glass. I couldn't find that part number on the back of your mirror in my 1970 or 1971 parts books so I'm just guessing it would be 1972-74.

Agree with quapman about the installation - not easy.

Sorry for any confusion...

IA6Barrel

Reaction score
Bam! That was the answer I was looking for. It's always hard when someone else takes stuff apart and piles it in boxes. I was pretty certain mirrors came off a 72 but this misc mirror was part of the stuff, I just didn't think it was correct for the driver side which was missing the mirror itself. Thank you.

quapman

Reaction score
Definitely 72-4 E and 71-2 B body mirrors. Looks like a nice pair.

Back