• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Dual 3.5" dash speaker bracket

Status
Not open for further replies.

'74 Sport

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Gentlemen (and a few ladies),
For several years, I have made simple aluminum brackets which allow you to swap out your old single-cone front dash speaker with a pair of new 3.5" two-way speakers, such as Pioneer, Kenwood, Blaupunkt, Volfenhag, Boston, etc. I am currently negotiating with a shop which will use a water jet table to cut a stockpile of brackets for me. If you are interested in buying one for your E-body, or just need more information, please send me a PM.

Thanks,
Jerry

'74 Sport

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update on speaker bracket

I have developed a selection of brackets for replacing the original single-cone dash speaker with dual 3.5” two-way speakers for all A, B, and E-body models and years. These brackets are water-jetted from 0.080” sheet aluminum and require no further finishing. They fit in the same location and use the mounting screws from the original speaker. In the following photo the style on the left fits early A-bodies ('64-'66), the middle one fits later A-bodies ('67-'76) and early B-bodies ('64-'70), and the one on the right fits later B-bodies and all E-bodies ('71-'74).

5483514154_62b6afb570.jpg

Currently, my price for each bracket is $26, shipping included to any of the US lower 48 states ($27 for Canada). I will have to calculate shipping for other locations. For multiple orders, the price after the first bracket will be reduced to $20 each. I have a form you can submit which will give me all the necessary information for you to place an order. Please go here to fill it out and I will quickly be in contact with you: Order Form
To learn more you can e-mail general questions to: [email protected]

As always, thank you FEBO.com for the ad space.

'74 Sport

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dual speakers in '71 Charger

Here is an example of my dual speaker bracket being installed in a '71 Charger - similar to the one for the E-bodies.

Speaker_71Charger1.jpg

'74 Sport

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is a site for E-bodies, but some of you have more than one MOPAR vehicle, including trucks. Therefore... I worked up a new dual-speaker bracket for a fellow's Ramcharger and can now offer them to the rest of you who have a Ramcharger or truck that has the 4"x10" dash speaker. See attached photos showing an example installation. The prototype bracket was cut from an old street sign, which explains the bright colors.

I am getting ready to order another batch of car brackets from my supplier and I would like to get a feel for the level of interest for any of these new truck brackets - I may go ahead and order a few this round, just to have on hand.

Send me a PM if you are interested,
Jerry

Bracket - Ramcharger top (small).jpg

Bracket - Ramcharger bottom (small).jpg

'74 Sport

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up a new batch of these dual-speaker brackets from the machine shop. I have several for all models of A-bodies, many B-bodies, a few C-bodies, all E-bodies, and a few trucks/vans/Ramchargers. You can ORDER ONLINE, and I usually can ship the next day. Price is always $26 each, shipping included to any of the US lower 48. Discounts are available for multiple orders.

walkAbout

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Peeps, Hi Jerry,

fast shipping even to Germany (Dec. 2012). In 2013 I've mounted Hertz speakers and I'm really satisfied. Had to enlarge the speaker holes as I've mounted the speakers on top, to save space in the deep. Finally sprayed the bracket matte black, otherwise they where to shiny under the speaker cover.

CU
front speaker bracket 1.jpgfront speaker bracket 2.jpgwalkAbout

front speaker bracket 1.jpg

front speaker bracket 2.jpg

burdar

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought one for my new Dart project. I too painted the bracket black. The nice thing is that I have less money in this setup then having the original speaker re-coned.(and it will sound better too)
DSCN2152_zpsbe60e9d8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back