• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Dumb question.....

omegac1

Reaction score
I have a new to 1973 Barracuda with power steering. I need to take off the pitman arm but I am having a hard time finding a socket that fits the bolt. Am I missing something here???

H-Pattern

Reaction score
You might have to go and buy a 3/4in drive socket for that size nut. Also a step up from 1/2 drive to a 3/4 drive if you don't already have one. If you do not have a pittman arm remov'al tool get on. You will need in. I redid my stering box. Power to manual. Had a wrench to get the nut off. How ever when it comes time to put the pitman arm back on you are going have to torque the day lights out of it.
Thus new socket and drive

Last edited:

sheetmetaldan

Reaction score
I did mine a while back and had to borrow a socket off my mechanic friend I think it was an 1 3/16" inch socket if I recall correctly. You will definatly need a puller as H-Pattern says!

H-Pattern

Reaction score
Just checked my socket. It's a 1-5/16 3/4 drive. Bought it at Nappa. I replaced my arm with a Moog.
At least at Nappa they are old school and still look in the parts books first...

Last edited:
Back