• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Dynacorn Rear assembly...

Cuda416

Reaction score
I've seen a bunch of posts from people who have used the 6000WT assembly who are very happy with it and it's my chosen direct as well.

My question is basically, how the parts that make up that assembly stack up against the individual parts from someone like AMD? I'm not looking for the reasons to buy it, I'm already going to do that. I guess I'm looking for why NOT to buy it. Are the components thinner metal or in some way, inferior? The price difference is astounding, especially when you take into consideration the labor saved.

*Rear under seat floor pan
*Trunk pan
*Rear upper cross member
*Rear cross member
*Trunk floor braces
*Rear frame rails
*Fuel tank straps

Am I missing something?

-=C

Last edited:

Adam

Reaction score
That looks like a good deal. I have not used Dynacorn, but I have seen it in person. The stuff looks good/accurate. I don’t know what you are working on but the 70 trunk pan is different (shock plug holes) from a 71 and later, FYI

Cuda416

Reaction score
That looks like a good deal. I have not used Dynacorn, but I have seen it in person. The stuff looks good/accurate. I don’t know what you are working on but the 70 trunk pan is different (shock plug holes) from a 71 and later, FYI

Thanks, as far as I know, the latest units don't have the filler hole cut.

EDIT. You were talking about something NOT fuel filler related. Doh! 70 Barracuda convertible.

Adam

Reaction score
No prob... the 70 shock plug holes were on top of the pan and kind of a pain, 71 and later had the plug facing to the rear, in line with the upper shock bolt, also kind of a pain. Just so you are aware if you need it to look original. I don’t know if it being a convertible makes a difference.

moparlee

Reaction score
No prob... the 70 shock plug holes were on top of the pan and kind of a pain, 71 and later had the plug facing to the rear, in line with the upper shock bolt, also kind of a pain. Just so you are aware if you need it to look original. I don’t know if it being a convertible makes a difference.
Both of my 71 Challengers with original trunk pans have the shock plug holes in the top. Hamtramck built cars Oct and Jan.

Adam

Reaction score
Both of my 71 Challengers with original trunk pans have the shock plug holes in the top. Hamtramck built cars Oct and Jan.
Interesting, mine was built 6-71, at Hamtramck.. I read that early 71 cars had 70 style pans. Anybody know the change over date?
81BE291B-86A9-46DA-B92C-21765C5F15C8.jpeg

Oct of 70, Jan of 71? My old 70 Cuda was built in 1969.

Last edited:

gzig5

Reaction score
I have one of the older model dynacorn one piece. Can't wait to use it. A ton of labor savings.

Did you have to get it shipped to a loading dock location or pay extra for a lift gate truck?

I want to pull the trigger on one, but the darn thing is so big I don't have a place to store it until I can use it.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
I picked it up from the fella I purchased my V code chally from. He had already picked it up from someone else.
I transported it in the front window of the challenger across the states. Now it sites on the front inner fenders as I don't have a place to store it. shortly though, the chally gets roll bar removed so I have to come up with somewhere to put this thing. It is VERY large. hard to store hard to ship. two people to move it really.
Good luck with that. Maybe hang it from your rafters in your garage. that's what I was thinking anyway.

gzig5

Reaction score
I can't even walk around the car in my garage and the ceiling is full of hanging bikes and ladders. I'm going to have to make new friends with storage space or get a storage unit. I can kick my wife's van out from April - October but she gives me the stink eye if her van gets snow on it. Space has always been a challenge here.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
I just remembered that I did not put it on top, I strapped it to the bottom of the Challenger. I had to put the frame rack in the front window. 440 in the bay and bent up hood on top of all that.
HAHAAHHA That sure looks pretty coon ass to me. Guess that's how I role.

20190912_075521_HDR.jpg

Cuda416

Reaction score
I just remembered that I did not put it on top, I strapped it to the bottom of the Challenger. I had to put the frame rack in the front window. 440 in the bay and bent up hood on top of all that.
HAHAAHHA That sure looks pretty coon ass to me. Guess that's how I role.

View attachment 66052
Git'R Done!

gzig5

Reaction score
Gotta do what you gotta do.
Now that I look at it in that pic, I think I might be able to get rid of the garage door opener track and hang/bolt it to the ceiling if it is out of the box. I wanted to go to a direct drive opener anyway to get more height out of the mid-rise lift. Looks like it just moved to the top of my Christmas list.

Back